Comments on Birdo`s review of John E. Fitzgerald Larceny

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on Birdo`s review of John E. Fitzgerald Larceny

Unread postby forumadmin » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:58 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about Birdo's review of John E. Fitzgerald Larceny.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:58 pm

Many times have I tried to find this whiskey beyond ordinary, each time I fail to find it worth my money....... including just now..... it has a rough edge that grates agin my palate.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re:

Unread postby Birdo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:45 am

Mike wrote:Many times have I tried to find this whiskey beyond ordinary, each time I fail to find it worth my money....... including just now..... it has a rough edge that grates agin my palate.

Had a double on the rocks last night. I still like it and I will call it 'nice bourbon at the right price', this may be the same as your 'ordinary' so I suspect we are on the same page. I sure do like that $20 rebate, and price always influences my opinions.

Weird thing is, I can be very happy with mid-range bourbon, and be very disappointed with a bottle of more expensive stuff. Conversely, I have enjoyed some of the more expensive stuff too (FRSB).

Larceny at $40/1.75 seems like a steel (pun intended), but $22/750ml is a rip-off by $5.

Early on, I could not stomach OGD-100, but now, I enjoy the OGD-86, so all tastes evolve and change over time. IIRCC, we are both disappointed with Devil Cut, major gimmick. Always love your input.
Birdo

Re: Comments on Birdo`s review of John E. Fitzgerald Larceny

Unread postby gauze » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 pm

I hope to find this juice soon. Sounds like it might be up my alley for a midshelfer.
gauze

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion