1999 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

1999 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale

Unread postby Brewer » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:32 pm

I've put away a few of the Bigfoot Ales over the years and tonight I'm enjoying the 1999 variety. For those that think all beer must be quaffed within a few hours of getting it home, a beer like this is worthy of a few years of time to further mature. Upon pouring, the beer still had a pretty good degree of carbonation, and the taste is ultra-smooth with a very nice malty flavor. As a barley wine style beer, it is a high octane (alcohol) brew for which you don't need to drink a bunch of 'em. I'll have to soon open up some of the other annual versions of the Bigfoot Ale, as well as some of the other brews that I've cellared for awhile, and report back on how they've fared over the years! :beer: :partyman:
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Mike » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:36 am

I too, have a fondness for Barley Wines. In a dark cool corner I have Sierra Nevada Bigfoot (2005), Anchor Brewing Old Foghorn, Rogue Old Crustacean, Thomas Hardy's Ale, and Flying Dog Horn Dog. No hurry to drink any of them.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to What Ales You