Mark's Masterpieces

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Mark's Masterpieces

Unread postby The Whiskey Viking » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:34 pm

OneCubeOnly wrote:I believe it's the same one you're thinking of--the export-only barrel-proof Blanton's (Mark's has a label handwritten with the barrel info on it).

I have a particular soft-spot for Blanton's. Actually, I've heard from people who have done distillery samplings that Blanton's really does better at lower proofs, but I think it'd be neat to control it myself and taste at different dilutions. I envision it as a G.T. Stagg but with a Blanton's flavor profile...purely speculation of course! :)

I just bought both a golden and a barrelproof version of Ebay (http://www.ebay.de) at a reasonable price (prox. $50). The guy shipped worldwide, and he has them on offer all the time, so if you're really interested that might be your break.

Thomas
The Whiskey Viking

Unread postby tlsmothers » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:25 am

I like Stitzel-Weller bourbon, but in my opinion the Weller 10yo is a better bourbon than the Weller 19yo.

I traded a bottle at the Kentucky Festival for a Weller 19. Never tried it, but wanted to have one to do a whole lineup of Wellers sometime. Plan on having a dinner at my house and having a lineup after we get the house completed. We'll have to report back on that.

Speaking of housewarmings and Mark's collection, just imagine that in a few months, Mark will have his entire collection gathered together at his soon to be new home with space to lay it all out to tempt him even more. Wow!
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Previous

Return to Bourbon, Straight