Smokin' the day away

Fire one up and talk about your favorite smokes here.

Moderator: Squire

Smokin' the day away

Unread postby White Lightning » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:26 pm

Yesterday while smoking some larger choice cuts of meat out back, my cousin and I enjoyed some Old Forrester 100 BIB (liter bottle I bought a few years back).

In the meantime we each sparked up Punch Rare Corojo (Rothschilds size I bought about as many years ago as the OF)... a smoke hopefully no-one finds dispicable or offensive LOL.

These have always treated me decently. They compliment younger bourbons particularly well and possess enough ooomph to keep me from nodding off. I do slightly prefer the ole' "Pita" size however.
ψ£
White Lightning

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:52 am

:thumbright: I'm with you all the way, WL! The PUNCH Rare Corojo's are among the very best non-Havanas. The construction is excellent and the burn is straight and clean. The smoke is rich and creamy with great flavor, and aroma. They really turn on after a year or so in the humidor.

I like the Ramon Y Ramon size best. I bought boxes of both the first and second releases. Nice Ash cigars is having a PUNCH sale this month on the third release with boxes running $75 or so depending on size. I don't have space for a full box, but I may have to pull the trigger on these anyway.

Linn - :cigar:
bunghole

Unread postby White Lightning » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:31 am

Bunghole:

I am curious about more recent productions. I bought these about 4 years ago, and the reason I opted for the Rothschilds was because they offered a box of 50 for a pretty good price [I believe it was on sale for $98] which by comparison was the best by size/volume (at that time).

After I got my box the PRCs seemed to go away for a short period and I remember when they came back, but have only had 1 (I would assume it was from a more recent production) purchased at a local cigar joint that serves good whiskies... this was maybe a year ago.
ψ£
White Lightning

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:04 pm

WL -

I have found that the flavor profile of the PUNCH Rare Corojo is very consistant for each release. I would not hesitate to buy a box.
bunghole

Return to The Humidor