Wheaters (beer that is!)

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

Wheaters (beer that is!)

Unread postby Brewer » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:52 pm

I'm a big fan of wheat beers. I'm enjoying a Brooklyner Weisse right now after a hot humid afternoon working on my basement renovation project. This is such a great style of beer, especially when the weather's hot. I find it very refreshing. Did ya know there's a number of types of wheat beers? There's a Belgian style, Berlin style, South German style, Hefeweizen, Dark Wheat beer, & wheat ales. It really is amazing the variety of beer that's out there to explore & enjoy! :beer:
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Dave » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:11 pm

I love wheat beers to0. Schneider Weiss is one of my current favourites being a slightly darker wheat beer. (And then there are the offerings from Unibroue in Quebec which we have discussed before somewhere else!). Currently there are alot of local microbreweries experimenting with wheats (belgian styles) but I find the banana note far too overpowering. I think one brewer was actually putting banana extract in his bottling. It was far too overpowering (unless you like bananas, of course). Keep the bananas out of my beer!
Dave

Unread postby Mike » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:02 pm

I find Julius Eckter to be a very refreshing 'wheat' beer. Tried that one?
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to What Ales You