Barton's

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Barton's

Unread postby tlsmothers » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:10 pm

I was working on organizing a Barton's visit during the bourbon festival, but may wait until the Sampler when Greg Davis maybe isn't as swamped and more NY folks are able to go together. Mark and Bob aren't able to make it down to the Festival this year. Hell, with my lack of help at the store I may not be able to make it down.

Anyone else interested in a visit to Barton's?
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby angelshare » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:18 am

As in April, 2006? That's a possibility, and we'd definitely be interested! It will depend on the specific dates of the Sampler and our ability to unload the girls for a couple of nights.
Dave & Tina
angelshare

Unread postby Brewer » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:04 am

I'm hoping that you can arrange it for next Spring LeNell. I'd love to have an opportunity to check out Bartons. I wonder if Bill Friel could join us?
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby brendaj » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:21 pm

Bob & LeNell,
I would love to visit Barton's. Been to the warehouse loading dock to pick up barrels, never been thru the distillery. Also, I would love for Mr. Friel to join us. How cool would that be? I'll be happy to see if I could arrange for him to join us, provided LeNell gets the tour. Y'all just let me know.

Here's a nice shot of Dave G. and Mr. Friel at the Sampler. Are they having some fun, or what?
Bj
Attachments
davenbill.jpg
davenbill.jpg (41.42 KiB) Viewed 7246 times
As a Kentuckian, I consider it my civic duty to drink Bourbon, smoke and bet the ponies. Its a tuff job, but someone has to do it...
brendaj

Unread postby Brewer » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:05 pm

Looks as though they're both having a grand ole time! :D
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:08 pm

ima hip to that bourbon trip! Tell me more.

:arrow: ima :smilebox:
bunghole

Unread postby dgonano » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:58 pm

Thanks for the pic Brenda. Bill was reminiscing about his distilling days in Maryland . Forty years ago he worked for Four Roses at the Relay , Md plant and he wanted to know if any of his favorite restaurants were still in business. He had forgotten many of the names but remembered the locations of the eateries. Most have closed since then, but he was thrilled that I could recall all of them. As you can see we were enjoying the great selection of bourbon available that evening..

LeNell, count me in for any trip to the Barton plant. Thanks.
Dave G.
dgonano

Unread postby brendaj » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:13 am

Linn,
Wish I had more photos. Unfortunately, I'm still saving my pennies for a new camera. What photos I have were shot with one of those crappy little disposables. But here's a decent one of John and Jimmy Russell.
Bj

P.S. Dave, you're most welcome. (I thought of you when my daughter sat for the 1st part of her CPA. I'm one proud mamma...;-))
Attachments
johnjimmy.jpg
johnjimmy.jpg (33.54 KiB) Viewed 7180 times
As a Kentuckian, I consider it my civic duty to drink Bourbon, smoke and bet the ponies. Its a tuff job, but someone has to do it...
brendaj

Unread postby brendaj » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:22 am

And here's one I'm pretty happy with. Try and decide whether that grin on my face is from the samples of Pappy, or from getting my photo snapped between two good lookin' guys... :lol:
Attachments
mejulianpreston.jpg
mejulianpreston.jpg (29.79 KiB) Viewed 7174 times
brendaj

Return to Bourbon Expeditions