Knob Creek Rye

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderators: Brewer, brendaj

Knob Creek Rye

Unread postby Shell@freilich.com » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 pm

I recently bought a bottle of Knob Creek Rye. It is a wonderful rye. Strong, lingering rye notes, nice mouth feel, and an intriguing complexity. I saw it available in MI for $45 (state min. price). It was selling in MD and VA for ~$36-$38 for a 750 ml bottle. The MI price seemed overpriced. But, still a really good pour.
Shell
Shell@freilich.com
Registered User
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: Knob Creek Rye

Unread postby gauze » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:56 pm

not happy about the pricing of this. Still have yet to try.
User avatar
gauze
Registered User
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: providence, ri, 02909

Re: Knob Creek Rye

Unread postby ebo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:27 pm

gauze wrote:not happy about the pricing of this. Still have yet to try.

It's a decent pour, but it isn't worth the price, IMO. If it were $10.00 cheaper, I'd have it on hand all the time.
User avatar
ebo
Registered User
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:45 pm
Location: Massillon, Oh...... home of the Tigers.

Re: Knob Creek Rye

Unread postby EllenJ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:31 pm

ebo wrote:... isn't worth the price, IMO. If it were $10.00 cheaper, I'd have it on hand all the time.

Bulleit Rye is $10.00 cheaper and very good. I like Knob Creek Rye better.
Ten dollars better?
Well, yeah.
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
User avatar
EllenJ
Registered User
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Ohio-occupied Northern Kentucky (Cincinnati)

Re: Knob Creek Rye

Unread postby vince » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:51 am

I am not a fan of either Knob Creek Rye or Bulleit Rye, give me Rittenhouse Rye 100 proof any day
vince
Registered User
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:47 pm
Location: Owensboro, KY

Re: Knob Creek Rye

Unread postby ebo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 pm

EllenJ wrote:
ebo wrote:... isn't worth the price, IMO. If it were $10.00 cheaper, I'd have it on hand all the time.

Bulleit Rye is $10.00 cheaper and very good. I like Knob Creek Rye better.
Ten dollars better?
Well, yeah.

I like it well enough, but I just don't think it's worth the asking price. I'd rather spend the money on the KCSBR, but that's just my preference. :wink:
User avatar
ebo
Registered User
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:45 pm
Location: Massillon, Oh...... home of the Tigers.

Re: Knob Creek Rye

Unread postby Mike » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:59 pm

vince wrote:I am not a fan of either Knob Creek Rye or Bulleit Rye, give me Rittenhouse Rye 100 proof any day


I agree with you, Vince, Rittenhouse BIB is a better whiskey than Bulleit (although I do like Bulleit), and I will be trying KC rye soon, soon. I have always like Knob Creek and think Knob Single Barrel is the best thing being produced by Beam.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike
Registered User
 
Posts: 2106
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:36 pm
Location: Conyers, GA

Re: Knob Creek Rye

Unread postby vince » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 am

Mike wrote:
vince wrote:I am not a fan of either Knob Creek Rye or Bulleit Rye, give me Rittenhouse Rye 100 proof any day


I agree with you, Vince, Rittenhouse BIB is a better whiskey than Bulleit (although I do like Bulleit), and I will be trying KC rye soon, soon. I have always like Knob Creek and think Knob Single Barrel is the best thing being produced by Beam.

Mike

I agree with you on Knob Creek and especially the Single Barrel which I think is fantastic. I will be anticipating your thoughts on the rye. I was very disappointed.
vince
Registered User
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:47 pm
Location: Owensboro, KY


Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TurnitinBot [Bot] and 3 guests