bicentennial comemorative bourbon no.3112 of 3168

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

bicentennial comemorative bourbon no.3112 of 3168

Unread postby honey boy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Could anyone be so kind as to help me find a value or review on a bottle of bourbon that has come into my possesion. It is a Bicentennial Commemorative Bourbon, limited run of 3168. My bottle is numbered 3112. It is unopened, and in great shape. I know that it was from the willard ky distillery and sold excluseivly at a cork & bottle in covington ky. The age of distill is Feb.4,1959 and bottled on the eve of independance 1975. It is from the last 32 barrells of this bourbon. The willett distillery,bardstown ky .It has burned and did not rebuild. so any help would be greatly appreciated.
How well I remember my first encounter with The Devil's Brew. I happened to stumble across a case of bourbon -- and went right on stumbling for several days thereafter.”WC Fields
honey boy

Re: bicentennial comemorative bourbon no.3112 of 3168

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm

I don't think I can help you very much, except to tell you that the Willett Distillery never burned down. It was the Heaven Hill Distillery that burned down in 1996. The Willett Distillery remains and just started re-distilling this year.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby honey boy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:59 pm

My bad Joe... That's great that the willett distillery is going. This bottle came to me only by chance and I think it may be a neat collection peice for someone.
How well I remember my first encounter with The Devil's Brew. I happened to stumble across a case of bourbon -- and went right on stumbling for several days thereafter.”WC Fields
honey boy

Unread postby bicentennialbourbon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:42 pm

I wonder if you ever found a way to value your bottle of the Kentucky Bicentennial Commemoration Bourbon limited edition of 3168 bottles? I have bottle number 1004 in excellant condition and have the same question: What is it worth to a collector?
bicentennialbourbon

Unread postby bicentennialbourbon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Hi, I'm curious if you ever learned anything about your bottle no. 3112? I have an identical bottle, no. 1004, in the Washington, D.C. area. I'd love to hear of your experience in trying to ascertain the price some collector might pay.

Charles
bicentennialbourbon

Return to Collector's Corner