Buffalo Trace

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Buffalo Trace

Unread postby jbohan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:44 pm

For the true definitive version of a tour at BT, (and other distilleries) first go to Linda & John's web site. Anyway, I have had the pleasure of touring the BT distillery 4 times, each time learning something new about the process. I was fortunate enough to get "back lot" tours.

From the moment you pull into the parking lot and smell the angels share until you end your tour at the gift shop your senses will be inundated with the most wonderful sights and smells. They have recently expanded the gift shop and opened a museum, any true fan of the history of bourbon needs to see this.

I also recently visited the A. Smith Bowman distillery in Fredericksburg, VA. While they don't have the fermentation process there, they do have a great looking copper still for the second and third distillations after the first distillation arrives from BT. Joe Dangler was a very gracious host and is justifiably proud of his product. Joe was heavily involved in the George Washington whiskey project at Mount Vernon.
Attachments
View of BT 1a.JPG
View of BT 1a.JPG (153.51 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
To long ashes and long finishes
jbohan
True Friend

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:06 am

Buffalo Trace does have a very fine tour with very knowledgable tour guides. It is well worth a trip to Frankfort to see this distillery.

Mike Veach
bourbonv

Return to Bourbon Expeditions