Bourbon Chicken BBQ Pizza

Cookin' in the kitchen with bourbon & Brenda! Come on in and view her recipes or share with us some of your own.

Moderator: Squire

Bourbon Chicken BBQ Pizza

Unread postby Don Galligan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:59 pm

So by this point I have gotten a lot of bottles of bourbon in my cupboard. Actually my wife and I discussed this weekend the need for me to get a locking cupboard to keep my “collection” in, and I think we have figured out that the cupboard in the garage will work nicely (too many teenage boys in the house). So I have also entered a new territory…Too much bourbon to drink in a timely manner! Don’t worry, it will all be consumed in due time, but right now as we are developing this web site, I am accumulating bourbon at a much faster rate than it can be consumed by me or my liver! So this has sent me over more new ground, the world of cooking…

With bourbon of course! I went to http://www.Bourbonblog.com a couple of weeks ago and watched a video of them making a Bourbon BBQ Chicken Pizza, and immediately thought “I can make that!” So I did, and here is the recipe:

One pre-packaged pizza crust (I haven’t found a good recipe for scratch crust yet)

About 1 cup of BBQ sauce (I used KC Masterpiece as it looked similar to the sauce in the video)

About 1/8 cup of bourbon (I used Knob Creek. HINT: Don’t buy cheap bourbon for this use the stuff you like to drink)

2 small chicken breasts grilled and chopped into cubes

1 small onion sliced or chopped depending on your preference

1 small can mushrooms ( I usually like to use fresh, but I didn’t have any on hand)

3 slices of bacon fried and crumbled

1 Roma tomato seeded and chopped.

Mozzarella cheese

First mix the bourbon and BBQ sauce. Put chicken cubes in bowl and add about 3 Tbsp sauce and mix to coat. Spread more of the mixture on pizza crust reserving about 1/3rd cup for drizzle and dipping. Add chicken, onions, and mushrooms to pizza spreading evenly, top with mozzarella cheese (as much as you like). Then on top of cheese add crumbled bacon and chopped and seeded tomato.

Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese begins to turn a golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes. Drizzle additional BBQ sauce on top for more bourbon flavor. If you still want more you can dip the pizza in the remaining sauce.

This pizza was good, but a little on the sweet side. Next time I might experiment with different toppings or BBQ sauces. I have quite a few bourbons I can use too to get the flavor just right. The combinations are endless, different toppings, different BBQ sauces, different bourbons, you could make this pizza 100 times and never have the same pie twice, so have fun with it!

-Don
Attachments
Bourbon Pizza.JPG
Bourbon Pizza.JPG (86.75 KiB) Viewed 9557 times
Don Galligan

Re: Bourbon Chicken BBQ Pizza

Unread postby chickenloverforever » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 am

Hey mate! Thanks for sharing this one.

Are you still here? I would love it more if you zoom the picture to focus on the output. And add more cheese on the toppings! Love cheese all over the toppings.

I think it would be better also if you marinate the chicken cubes for say 30 minutes or so at room temperate together with the bourbon mixture. That would eventually add more taste to the fillet!

Great share mate!

:D :D :D
chickenloverforever

Unread postby TonyW » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:10 pm

To continue a long lost thread. I made this today and it was excellent. I spiced the chicken with Frank's when I cooked it and used pepperoni instead of bacon (no bacon in the house!), but it was still very good IMO. Of course, no one else liked it as much as I did. It was "different" according to my son, so the bourbon that I drank while making it may have colored my opinion. I'm OK with that. I used Buffalo Trace and Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce.
“A respectable amount of bourbon to pour in a glass is about two fingers worth. Lucky for me I have big fingers”

Frederick Booker Noe II
TonyW

Unread postby ruthcrowder » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi Don! Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe. Its so delicious! Expect more such recipes from you. :)
ruthcrowder

Unread postby Edward Ronald » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:21 am

Impressive recipe of Bourbon Chicken BBQ Pizza found ever. Everything is nicely described here to help interested people to make it. Thanks for sharing this recipe with efficient way.
Edward Ronald

Return to Bourbon Recipes