Old Parr

Love bourbon but still enjoy an occasional foreign whisky pour as well? Discuss some of your favorites here.

Moderator: Squire

Old Parr

Unread postby Landrum » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Today my father in law arrived from Peru and with him was a bottle of Old Parr 12 year old. It was a gift for me. I've seen this blend mentioned for ages but have never run across it before at the store. I guess it is not sold in the U.S. Any of y'all taken a dram of this blend before?
Landrum

Re: Old Parr

Unread postby vince » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 am

It is sold in the US, I have seen them in stores. I have never tasted it however, so I will look forward to your comments on it. Ralfy at Ralfy.com just reviewed the 12 year old and spoke highly of it.
vince

Re: Old Parr

Unread postby wchurst » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:57 am

Old Parr has not been widely sold in the US since the early 1980s, but you can someitmes find it available in Florida.
The Brand is most popular in Peru particuarlly (almost a national drink there), but also hold high appeal in Japan &
Hong Kong.

I have tried the 12yr once before, and found it rather appealing in taste and I'm quite surprised that it's not more
popular here in the US...I have a few more bottles of the 12yr, but not intending to open them any time soon, as
they all date from the 1930s-1950s and are part of my pre-1960's whisky collection.

Personally, I'm looking forward to trying the 15yr, 18yr and hopefully the 21yr someday also: But i'm probably going
to have to wait to pick up a few of the various agings for comparison on my next trip to Tokyo.

Cheers,
Walter C Hurst
wchurst

Return to Scotch Whisky