Jeremiah Weed Cherry Mash 90 Proof

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Jeremiah Weed Cherry Mash 90 Proof

Unread postby NotAnAlky » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:38 pm

So I was looking to try a cherry flavored bourbon but wanted to get a general idea of what it was like before shelling out $30 for a 750 of Jim Beam Red Stag and then deciding I didn't like it. This was only $16 for a 750, so I tried it and cherry flavoring added to bourbon isn't bad. I'd been drinking Heaven Hill with the black label so I was already used to drinking on the cheap (not so cheap, though, that my bourbon comes in plastic bottles. Even I won't touch that nasty stuff. Anyone who's ever tried Old Crow knows what I mean.) So has anyone tried both this and Red Stag who can make a comparison for me? I fully expect that the Red Stag will be better, but how much better? Enough to justify another $14 for a 750?
NotAnAlky

Re: Jeremiah Weed Cherry Mash 90 Proof

Unread postby Birdo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:51 pm

I like the red stag fine in sprite or coke, tho that is not a typical drink for me. I almost always have bourbon on the rocks. Here's a way to save some cash: Buy a bottle of grenadine syrup and added to your cocktails as you choose.

Turns out flavored bourbon is a convenience product. I think its a great way for distillers to get easy to mix flavored bourbon down the throats of young people. Look what Captain Morgan did for rum, flavored spirits is huge.
Birdo

Return to Bourbon, Straight