Does this make me a bad person?

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Does this make me a bad person?

Unread postby Birdo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 am

I noticed a had a few dead soldiers in the liquor cabinet, a makers mark, and a ridgemont 1792. I thought geeze, its gonna cost $50 bucks to replace these, so instead, I bought a bottle of Very Old Barton 100 proof, and filled the empties with that. And why not, VOB is quite nice.

My friend and his goofy wife came by to visit and I promptly served a faux makers and coke, and she was pleased as punch. She is nice enough, but thinks it cool to dump $25 bourbon in Soda.

What can you say about VOB 100? Great bourbon aged six years and bottle at high proof, whats not to like here?
Birdo

Re: Does this make me a bad person?

Unread postby Satty Beach » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:59 pm

It begins. Then the next thing you know you're taking the "do not remove" tags off pillows and mattresses. Then the next thing you know you're on death row and Lee Marvin marches into your cell with a raw deal only slightly less raw than the deal you already have.

Some people are too polite, but, how can you miss flavoring stick whiskey? I ordered a Wild Turkey in a bar and got Beam. It came out of the Turkey bottle but that sure as hell aint what it was. What was I supposed to do? Rip the bar apart? There used to be "do not refill warnings". And there used to be age statements. There used to be a lot of stuff.
Taken the cure.
Satty Beach

Unread postby WhiskeyBro » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:25 pm

I think you're better off filling up a Maker's bottle with VOB 100 ;)
WhiskeyBro

Unread postby Birdo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:28 am

WhiskeyBro wrote:I think you're better off filling up a Maker's bottle with VOB 100 ;)

I often receive a bottle of Makers for Christmas, and its good enough, but I don' spend my cash on it. Yea, VOB 100 is better than Makers regardless of cost.
Birdo

Unread postby ebo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:16 pm

If that makes you a bad person, it makes me one, too. :)
ebo

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:19 pm

There are no bad people in Bourbondum, only poor people due to spending too much on bourbon.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby Birdo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:03 am

I only filled the makers bottle and the 1792 Ridgemont bottle. Most folks that like makers don't know what great bourbon taste like anyway, and 1792, is a slighly better bourbon than VOB in a fancier bottle, both from Barton brands.

I absolutely will NOT put value price boutbon in my Knob Creek or Four Roses SIngle barrel empties, that would be treasonous.
Birdo

Return to Bourbon, Straight