FOUND BOTTLE

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

FOUND BOTTLE

Unread postby MICHAEL LOCHER » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:52 am

I came upon a bottle; Rare Antique Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey 4/5, 86 Proof Bottled by Frankfort Distilling CO Louisville, KY. It has a red tax label over the top #4287411100. On the bottom of the bottle it has a 14, E25B9, LIQUOR BOTTLE, 9 D 6 71, A CREST OR ANCHOR SYMBOL, 3. It also states that:FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS SALE OR REUSE OF THIS BOTTLE. I'd like to know if this was a good bourbon in its time or if may be worth anything. I enjoy bourbons but would like some info on it before opening it. Thanks Michael
MICHAEL LOCHER

Re: FOUND BOTTLE

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:46 am

what are the first group of numbers on the bar code?
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby MICHAEL LOCHER » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:48 am

There is no bar code on the bottle. The label has an eagle on it, brown back and gold letters.
MICHAEL LOCHER

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:00 pm

I don't mean to bug you, but it just sounds interesting. Is it called Eagle Rare by any chance? Could you post a picture? Thanks
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby MICHAEL LOCHER » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:08 pm

It does not say eagle any where on the bottle, but the top label says Rare (there is an Eagle) then says Antique. I'm sorry I do not have a digital camera. On the back label: RARE ANTIQUE
KENTUCKY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY
The Extraordinary Bourbon that fills this bottle was laid away in barrels and in limited quantity ten years ago. Of the five thousand barrels that slumbered through the years, polished to an amber glow by changing seasons only one in five was finally found to have matured with the roundness of aroma, the smoothness of bouquet that would make the Bourbon a prized one, even amongest rare whiskies. That is why so little Rare Antique can be come by and why its glorious past offers you so much present pleasaue.
THIS WHISKEY IS 10 YEARS OLD
Last edited by MICHAEL LOCHER on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHAEL LOCHER

Unread postby bourbonv » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:18 pm

What you have is an old bottle of bourbon called "Rare Antique". The brand was sold during prohibition as a medicinal whiskey by Frankfort Distillery. The brand became a Seagrams brand when the they purchased Frankfort Distillery in the 1940s. There have been several other people ask about this brand in this forum. Do a search and you will find out more about the brand.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to Collector's Corner