Ask How Much Your Bottle is Worth Here

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Re: Ask How Much Your Bottle is Worth Here

Unread postby Whitney1986 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:53 pm

I have 1 unopened bottle from Beam's Bicentennial Limited Edition Series 1976. It is from their "The Saturday Evening Post" Decanters. Have searched everyone and can't find the value for unopened bottles. The cover is painted by Normal Rockwell is dated April 23,1949 . Still has the tax seal on it and still has the box and is in good condition.
Whitney1986

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:31 pm

I have purchased many of these for around $10.00. They are rather plentiful and, therefore, don't command high prices. If I were you I'd drink the whiskey. It isn't too bad.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby TheCollector » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:12 pm

I have about 50 sealed and in the case bottles of Henry Clay and about another 50 of Joseph Finch. Any ball park on how much they would both be worth individually?
TheCollector

Unread postby mls2012 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:16 pm

I have an unopened bottle of Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby 136 signed by master brewers, one signature is Chris M. and the other I cannot make out but initials are J. B. just curious what it may be worth?
mls2012

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:26 pm

TheCollector wrote:I have about 50 sealed and in the case bottles of Henry Clay and about another 50 of Joseph Finch. Any ball park on how much they would both be worth individually?

I haven't seen these around for years. I have no idea what they are worth. If you decide you want to part with any, and agree not to rape me on the price, send me a pm and we'll take it from there.
Joe

Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby EllenJ » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Bourbon Joe wrote:
TheCollector wrote:I have about 50 sealed and in the case bottles of Henry Clay and about another 50 of Joseph Finch. Any ball park on how much they would both be worth individually?

I haven't seen these around for years. I have no idea what they are worth. If you decide you want to part with any, and agree not to rape me on the price, send me a pm and we'll take it from there.
Joe

Ditto!
Big Time!
If Joe doesn't want to buy 'em all, I'll take the rest. Henry Clay only, though. Joe can have all all the Finch.
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
EllenJ

Unread postby Estill_County » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:34 am

glenmore.jpg
Glenmore pottery decanter
glenmore.jpg (9.02 KiB) Viewed 21992 times
Greetings, first post.

I have an original Glenmore glazed pottery bottle. I noticed this bottle at the Goetz museum in Bardstown a few years ago. A lady friend from Louisville actually bought this at a Louisville arts council auction about ten years ago and gave it to me as a gift.

I've never been able to find out much about Glenmore, and Goetz doesn't mention it in the book. I'd appreciate information about the history of Glenmore as much as anything.

This picture is not the bottle, mine is in much better condition than this one, the text imprinting is completely intact and not faded.

Thanks.
Estill_County

Unread postby maddogoday » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:39 am

I have a unopened bottle of Suntroy Yamazaki Whiskey from the 1978 opening of the Tokyo International Airport. Any ideas of the value of this?
maddogoday

Unread postby Nhayden73 » Mon May 28, 2012 1:10 pm

I have a few bottles of 1937? Old Schenley Mark of Merit 5 year old straight rye in the original paper packaging. I have not openned the package to view the date stamp so the year is my best guess from Internet research. Approx how rare is something like this? What is an approx value? I know is subjective but was hoping for some insight.
Nhayden73

Unread postby Donna Salem » Thu May 31, 2012 6:34 pm

Hello...
My mother has a very old bottle of rye whiskey. I was wondering how much it is worth...? pure rye whiskey Hannisville bottled spring of 1929, and made in spring of 1916. 100 proof. the number of the seal around the neck is 52726-15. If you could help me ...that would be great... have a great day and thanks for ur time. :)
Donna Salem

Unread postby windup99 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Hello this is my first post so please forgive me if I did something wrong.

I have a four full unopened bottles of antique bourbon I would like to have some history and an approximate value if at all possible. The bourbon is a private brand J.M. West. It was distilled by Brown-Forman Distillers Corp.

The information on the bottle is
The Presidents Choice
for a Distinguished Gentleman
it was aged for eight years in barrel # 580068
with an actual barrel proof of 120.4

James Marion (Jim) West was a powerful lumber and oil man in Houston TX. I believe he died in 1952 and I think the bourbon was bottled in the early 30's. I would be very interested in knowing an approximate value if any and any additional history you can give me.
windup99

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:53 pm

I really can't help you much but old Brown-Foreman whiskey sounds very interesting to me. If you decide you want to part with any, please send me a private message and we'll go from there.

Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby windup99 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:49 pm

This is the reply I received from Brown-Forman:

President’s Choice

President's Choice was the first small batch bourbon. It was bottled from a 23 barrel vatting. Each barrel was approved by BF President Garvin Brown II. He started the brand in the early 1960's and it was discontinued after his death in the early 1970's. It was select Old Forester bourbon. Today it compares with our Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. So I still dont have any idea what it is worth.

Thanks for the help.
windup99

Unread postby fisher55 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:51 pm

bourbonv wrote:I personally don't mind if the question is asked as to how much a bottle is worth. I do not like people jumping down someone's throat when they do it - it is rather uncalled for and unfriendly. I have decided that the best way to handle this is to create a forum and make it a sticky so people wanting to know what their bottle is worth can ask here. In theory as the different brands are called for, people can come here and get an idea of value. If you don't like the question then simply ignore this forum.

Now for those who wish to know how their bottle is worth, you should read the other stickies about bottle value and age. Please do that before going any further. After that you should realise that selling alcohol without a license is illegal and this site does not encourage you to that. In fact this site encourages you to "Drink it, man, DRINK IT" to quote bunghole. You should also realise that because of the illegality of selling spirits without a license, a bottle is never going to be worth the big bucks. Bourbon Collectors do it because they want to experience the older bourbon and rye whiskeys, not as an investment. It would be a very rare bottle that would bring more than a couple of hundred dollars. Don't be suprised or offended when we tell you that bottle is not worth much. It is also helpfull to attach photographs of the bottle. You don't need to include every little feature, but a shot of the front and back so we can see the labeling is very useful.

I should add that nobody here is a professional so their appraisal would not hold up in a tax court. In fact since many here might be considered potential customers, it would be a conflict of interest to make an appraisal.

With that said, then please feel free to ask "How Much is my bottle of ____ worth?" here.

I have an unopened bottle of Pebble Ford Bourbon. The label is torn, maybe 2/3 still there. I'm guessing the the tax stamp covers the mdidle of it. It has serial number 33, and is dated Oct. 3, 1917. Undreneath that it shows a D.A.Byrnes, dealer, First District of Wisconsin.Then you can see on the original label " The Clear Springs Distilling Co.,Bourbon KY. Then there is a caution notice.
Is this bottle anything you have run across before and should I pursuse this more or just wait till 2017 and drink a 100 year old boubon?
Thanks for the imput.
fisher55

Unread postby waikikigoldandsilver » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I am not a bourbon expert by any means, but I do own a pawn shop here in Hawaii and I offered a loan out on an unopened bottle of Blanton's Distillery Bourbon. This piece is a limited run and is unopened in a pure sterling silver flask. The weight of the silver alone is around $1500 and I believe the piece orginally retailed for around $4500. Has anyone ever seen a piece like this? Any ideas on value and where I could find a suitable collector for this type of item, it is highly collectible.
Attachments
IMG_1399 (480x640).jpg
IMG_1399 (480x640).jpg (174.33 KiB) Viewed 21792 times
waikikigoldandsilver

PreviousNext

Return to Collector's Corner