Ask How Much Your Bottle is Worth Here

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Re: Ask How Much Your Bottle is Worth Here

Unread postby louis08 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:25 pm

I have a 4/5 quart of I.W. Harper Bourbon. It was made in 1955 and bottled in 1960. The bottle has the tax stamp and is unopened. The bottle also has the Louisiana Purchase Expostion coin on the front. The box is neart perfect its white with a gold top and the cardboard has a design embossed into it. Whats it worth. Thanks to all who read this.
louis08

Unread postby xnbury1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:12 pm

I was cleaning out my grandparent's basement this afternoon and found a bottle of Old Grand-Dad Bourbon Whiskey. It's been opened, and is about 3/4 full still. The date on it says made in 1941 and bottled in 1945. How much is this worth? And is it safe to drink? Thanks
xnbury1

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:42 pm

If the whiskey is not cloudy, then drink it. It has no real value as it would sell for less than nothing since it has been opened.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby timeformee » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm so new here....but I have 7 unopened Melvale Pure Rye Whiskey Bottle .....made in 1916 and bottled 1922 Not sure what to do with them. I know they are worth to only certain special person. I had Nine at one time. I gave one to a really great friend and I opened one a drunk it.....Just trying to find the special person that collects this truly rare collection. I even have the creat it came in. A doctor own it and it came across the the united states in a covered wagon. IThis is a true story.
timeformee

John Gibson's & Son (1919 bottling)

Unread postby robotfromlostinspace » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:32 am

Coolest thing I've ever found!!! Delicious too!
Attachments
IMG_2962.JPG
IMG_2962.JPG (4.45 KiB) Viewed 17899 times
IMG_2955.JPG
IMG_2955.JPG (3.93 KiB) Viewed 17899 times
IMG_2953.JPG
IMG_2953.JPG (3.81 KiB) Viewed 17899 times
robotfromlostinspace

Unread postby Ldon » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:47 pm

i own the thinman liquor tubes in the collectors corner. in my months of searching i have finaly seen 7 other tubes. they were not navy though. i might be willing to sell if thr price is right. so any one wanna through some numbers at me as what they might be worth. i will not be offended at any comments. promise. i have thought about ebay but i dont wanna give them away. thank you and hope you enjoy the snapshot.
Attachments
2011-07-23 002 (640x480).jpg
2011-07-23 002 (640x480).jpg (288.25 KiB) Viewed 17752 times
Ldon

i posted in wrong section about price please read

Unread postby buckeye13 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:43 am

i posted in the wrong section about price of a bottle . my dad gave me a bottle of wild turkey rare breed autographed by jimmy russell . under the promise i wouldnt sell or waste on a stupid drunk occasion . first of all i dont drink much .2nd of all the last time i drank an over the counter cheaper smaller bottle of wild turkey i was 20 still in the army. i will never forget that night. lol . is this bottle as rare as my dad leads me to think? would it be a suitable to open with my employer ?or is this just a cheap bottle? last drink i had was new years last year .anyway ive read some of the other post and i know that some people dont like the fact of giving prices im not good with pics so no pics im a maintenance man not a computer person "note the lack of puncuation and poor spelling" o.k. here it is WILD TURKEY RARE BREED BATCH NO. W-T-01-99 autographed 2-25-2000 . what is the price ?is it hard to come by and if i broke it open for my millionaire boss that likes bourbon would he be disgusted or like it? how long will it keep ? do i open it? save it ? is it a special event thing or an everyday find ? what do the numbers mean at the batch label ? if i open it how do i keep the rest from going bad? like i sad before my drinking use to consist of open the bottle finish the bottle .wow im surprised im alive .thank you all for any help you can give .i just dont want to open up this bottle thinking its the sh*t and find out it is a ten dollar bottle of junk .i will drink this bottle .the question is....is it worth saving for a grand event ........or just catching a buzz with the friends?
buckeye13

Unread postby taperted » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:47 pm

My family was cleaning out a storage area and came across two cases of Old Treasure Fine Whisky. It was distilled in the early 50s and sold in Philadelphia in the mid 60s. It was apparently purchased and put into storage until it was discovered. I found a mention of it on this message board on this page:

http://www.bourbonenthusiast.com/forum/ ... &start=105

We have exactly the same thing only larger bottles. Any idea what it would be worth?
taperted

Unread postby Zig Hyman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:13 pm

I was going through my grandfathers house and found a 1968 full un opened 4/5th quart Decanter of JW Dant's Kentucky Bourbon/Whiskey 86 proof, aged 8 years at time of bottling. I was wondering 2 things. One, is it worth anything, and 2. Is it still good to drink?! Thank you for any in put you may have.
i tried submitting a photo, but can't seem to figure that out. It is part of the Americana Collection of Great moments in history with a picture of the Boston Tea party on the bottle. The Seal is not broken, and the bottle is in good shape.
Zig Hyman

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Well, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. The Dant back then was very good. It was also 100 proof. I remember buying it in the 60's. If the cork is not tainted, it is very drinkable. you should keep it and enjoy it.

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby taperted » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Here's a number of other bottles we found. We believe they are from the 60s or 70s.

Barton Reserve - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52 ... serve.jpg/

Yellowstone - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33 ... stone.jpg/

Park & Tilford Reserve - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/53 ... serve.jpg/

Calvert Reserve - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19 ... serve.jpg/

Park & Tilford Private Stock - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84 ... stock.jpg/

Seagrams 7 in a blue unopened gift box - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/seagrams7.jpg/

Are any of them worth anything? Thanks!
taperted

Unread postby BWilloughby » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Hello,
I'm a new member (posting of a topic) to BourbonEnthusiast, though I've been reading post on here for a long time.

Anyway, I have a very limited rare Buffalo Trace Bottle from the 5th millionth barrel that I purchased at a Olympic Fundraiser silent auction in the early 90's, here in Louisville, KY. The likes of Mark Spitz and other Olympic heros were on hand. I have researched this bottle as much as I could, including receiving an email back from the CEO of Buffalo Trace, Mark Brown, last week.(see below) However, I still do not know the approx value of the bottle.

What I do know is that the bottle is from the 5th Millionth Barrel that resided in their single barrel, famous warehouse V. It is 1 of 150 bottles and that these bottles were only released to non-profit organizations for auctions.
A bourbon connoisseur offered me $1,500 5 years ago and I turned it down. From the research that I 've done, the new Millennium bottles that were just released last fall to non-profits were fetching anywhere from $1,000 to well over $2,000 and my bottle is twice as rare and old as that one. And according to Mark Brown the 6th millionth barrel is still resting in warehouse V.

Today, I am considering selling the bottle to a collector or someone who would appreciate the rarity of this bourbon and its story. Pictures available
Any feedback the value of this bottle would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian Willoughby
brian.willoughby08@gmail.com (email for offers on bottle)
Louisville, KY

Brian,

Hello and thank you for writing.

Never too busy to respond to a customer enquiry!

In addition to the information on the bottle itself, the 5th millionth barrel was a rye mash bourbon, it was aged in warehouse V - the world's only 1 barrel warehouse, there were only around 150 bottles released, so certainly rare. It is hard to estimate value, our best advice would be to look at what collector whiskey bottles are selling for on eBay, that might provide some idea of the potential value. However, the newer Millennium barrel

By way of clarification, the barrel that was recently released for non profits was the Millennium barrel - the last barrel we made on the last day of the last century. The 6 millionth is still happily aging in warehouse V.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for now,

Mark.
BWilloughby

Unread postby mkhuelse13 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 am

Alright: Let's throw this one out. Original, unopened Bottle of a 2006 George T Stagg.
mkhuelse13

Unread postby mkhuelse13 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Hello there, Bourbon Enthusiasts!

I got my hands on one 2006 Bottle of George T Stagg. I wonder how you guys would value this beautiful uncut Bourbon.
mkhuelse13

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:43 pm

mkhuelse13 wrote:Hello there, Bourbon Enthusiasts!

I got my hands on one 2006 Bottle of George T Stagg. I wonder how you guys would value this beautiful uncut Bourbon.

You might get a hundred bucks for it on Flea Bay.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

PreviousNext

Return to Collector's Corner