Rocky Patel Lovers

Fire one up and talk about your favorite smokes here.

Moderator: Squire

Rocky Patel Lovers

Unread postby Raven 6 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Are there any Rocky Patel Lovers here? If so which is your favorite with a good Bourbon? I'm looking for something new to try.
Raven 6

Re: Rocky Patel Lovers

Unread postby fricky » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:31 pm

I believe that any good cigar goes well with any good bourbon.
fricky

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:17 am

If there are any Cigar Dave listeners out there, he occasionally has Rocky Patel as his guest. It's a good, entrertaining cigar show on each Saturday from noon-2pm Eastern. It's on
SiriusXM radio, channel 165 (Extreme Talk channel). He also will talk about what drink (bourbon, beer, wine) pairs with what cigar. Also, if you happen to get through to him
on the phone during the show, he will send you some free cigars. I've gotten through twice.

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby Roscoe » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:25 pm

Rocky Decades, Vintage 90 and 92 are my favorites. Also like the Edge Torpedo with a maduro wrapper. Back in 06 I was fortunate to take one of Rocky's trips to Honduras and spent 4 days as their guest. Got to tour everything from seeds to fields, drying barns to sorting to rolling. I don't know if they still run trips due to political turmoil. We just paid the airfare and Rocky picked up all the rest. Must have smoked a dozen cigars a day and they provided us with all the Flor de Cana rum we could drink. They put us up in a small villa and we bunked like a frat house; 3-4 to a room. Made us breakfast and dinner every day. Lots of pics of the trip at http://www.priveye.com/honduras/

Roscoe
"Crisis occurs when women and cattle get excited".....James Thurber
Roscoe

Rocky Patel Lovers

Unread postby beliakBet » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:39 am

After seeing your post, I decided to smoke a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. I would agree that this is a great smoke. I really enjoyed the flavor profile. Now to go try the 1992 vintage.
beliakBet

Unread postby RandyG » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:28 am

Rocky Connecticuts are probably my favorite mello smoke. Decades if I wanna take it up a notch. Good stuff.

RG
RandyG

Return to The Humidor