How much is my bottle worth?

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

How much is my bottle worth?

Unread postby ant440360 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:50 pm

I have a bottle of Very Old Fitzgerald 100 proof 4/5 quart sour mash kentucky bonded bourbon, barreled in 1949 and bottled in 1957. It is still sealed and has the original box with the paper and collectors tag on the bottle. Any help would bu helpful.
ant440360

Had a good time, so now what did we drink?

Unread postby hadagoodtime » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:49 pm

We acquired a bottle of straight bourbon when a friend who was a bourbon enthusiast passed away. We followed your site's advice and drank it (all) at a recent dinner party. (of course toasting our deceased friend). We should mention it had a cork in it and the cork had deterioated so that was what prompted our consumption. It went down way too smoothly! Now, we are wondering, just what did we drink? Any information would be appreciated!

The label says "specially selected from our finest aged stock and bottled for the private cellar of George D. Wilkinson Rare Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey distilled and bottled by Hoffman Distilling Co., Inc. Lawrenceburg, KY" A separate label says Rare old 7 years old sippin' whiskey"

It is 4/5 qt. 86 proof. I attached 3 pictures below of the bottle. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
george 3.jpg
george 3.jpg (142.11 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
george 2.jpg
george 2.jpg (113.38 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
george 1.jpg
george 1.jpg (114.68 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
hadagoodtime

Re: How much is my bottle worth?

Unread postby Stoopsie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:19 pm

I wonder how great that whiskey was in its day?

Howie
Howie

Some people see the glass as half full, some see half empty, but I prefer to drink straight from the bottle.
Stoopsie

Re: How much is my bottle worth?

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Hoffman was a bottler and used whiskey from many sources. By the "rare old sippin whiskey" handle, I would venture a guess to Ezra Brooks made by Medley. Just a hunch.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Return to Collector's Corner