Comments on RPG`s review of Jack Daniels Black

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on RPG`s review of Jack Daniels Black

Unread postby forumadmin » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:38 am

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about RPG's review of Jack Daniels Black.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Birdo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:38 am

They sell 150 million bottles of it a year, so they must be doing something right. But I find it expensive for what it is. Many bourbons that go for $15/bottle are better.

Tons of it wind up in "Jack and Coke", so its a fine choice for the casual whiskey drinker.
Birdo

Re: Comments on RPG`s review of Jack Daniels Black

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:15 am

It isn't that good for the price, but young people buy it because there are songs about it, movies with Blackjack in them, and so it's the cool thing to drink in their crowd.
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby ebo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:55 pm

The "Macho Factor" is what sells Jack... not the quality.
ebo

Unread postby HowiPepper » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:28 pm

I drank "Jack and Coke" for many years, in the Navy. After I got out, I became more of a Scotch drinker, and it was probably 20 years before I tried Jack Daniel's Black label again. What I like about it is its smoothness. What I dislike is the mineral/metalic after-taste. On the suggestion of a friend, I tried George Dickel No. 12, and was blown away. The difference is like night and day. George Dickel is smooth AND good tasting, and at around $20 a bottle, a pretty good deal as well.

I mainly drink bourbon now (in fact, I'm enjoying a small pour of W. L. Weller 12 year old right now), but I keep a bottle of George Dickel in the house for those times when I want a Tennessee whiskey.
HowiPepper

Unread postby Birdo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:32 pm

HowiPepper wrote:I drank "Jack and Coke" for many years, in the Navy. After I got out, I became more of a Scotch drinker, and it was probably 20 years before I tried Jack Daniel's Black label again. What I like about it is its smoothness. What I dislike is the mineral/metalic after-taste. On the suggestion of a friend, I tried George Dickel No. 12, and was blown away. The difference is like night and day. George Dickel is smooth AND good tasting, and at around $20 a bottle, a pretty good deal as well.

I mainly drink bourbon now (in fact, I'm enjoying a small pour of W. L. Weller 12 year old right now), but I keep a bottle of George Dickel in the house for those times when I want a Tennessee whiskey.

Maybe I should pick me up some Dickel. I'm a sucker for a good deal, ferinstance: I love Fighting Cock as well as Weller SR, both are super for well under $20 a fifth. In fact, I had me a snoot full of Fighting Cock before I logged on!
Birdo

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion