John and Linda's updated web site

There's a lot of history and 'lore' behind bourbon so discuss both here.

Moderator: Squire

John and Linda's updated web site

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon May 23, 2011 11:46 am

For those of you who have not visited John and Linda's whiskey web site, you should really do so. For those of you that have not visited for a while, then you should do so again because John and Linda are updating the site. Here is the link: http://www.ellenjaye.com/index-tours.html

Now John does a great job with his site. It is always informative and often quite entertaining. I do not always agree with every conclusion John makes, but I do respect his arguements. With that said, he is in the process of re-visiting the distilleries and re-writing the material about each distillery. He is also adding some new distilleries - craft distilleries. I am not sure as to what his criteria is for adding a craft distiller to his site, but it is more than simply having visited there. I think that what you will read in his descriptions of the craft distillers will be very informative and I think a major criteria may be that John and Linda have to like the product being produced. John and Linda have very good taste in whiskey and if the craft distiller is making a product they like, then he willing to talk about it on their website. I think they may also have to have a serious business plan making them in the business for the long run. They don't want to waste time talking about a distillery that may not be there in a year. In any case they are adding craft distillers and I think it is great that they are doing so. Check out the site. You will be glad you did.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Re: John and Linda's updated web site

Unread postby Satty Beach » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:22 am

Real good stuff. Thanks.
Taken the cure.
Satty Beach

Re: John and Linda's updated web site

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Oh Boy! I just took a look, and read the new Barton posting. Very well done indeed. Good historical background. Good photos - one by Brenda J. Peircefield. Just talked to John and Linda last night. I'm glad to see he has renewed his interest American Whiskey and has updated his website with new stuff. HUZZAH!
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Return to Bourbon Lore