Comments on bunghole`s review of Old Taylor

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on bunghole`s review of Old Taylor

Unread postby forumadmin » Sun May 22, 2011 12:31 am

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about bunghole's review of Old Taylor.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby jestyfurlock » Sun May 22, 2011 12:31 am

I know this should be obvious, however I have an unopened bottle of Old Taylor and I cannot figure out how old it is. The bottom is stamped with what looks like "LIQUOR (next line) 0 (next line) 00 78 (next line) 554 (next line) BOTTLE" The front bottom right in tiny characters says 1918E and the back bottom right in tiny characters says 1916B-1. It says its eighty proof, its in a 4/5 quart bottle, and it has a red tax strip on the top that has the serial number 647952248. Can you help me figure out which numbers mean what, because I am dying to taste it but I really want to have all the information before I do so. Thank you.
jestyfurlock

Re:

Unread postby fricky » Sun May 22, 2011 7:00 am

jestyfurlock wrote:I know this should be obvious, however I have an unopened bottle of Old Taylor and I cannot figure out how old it is. The bottom is stamped with what looks like "LIQUOR (next line) 0 (next line) 00 78 (next line) 554 (next line) BOTTLE" The front bottom right in tiny characters says 1918E and the back bottom right in tiny characters says 1916B-1. It says its eighty proof, its in a 4/5 quart bottle, and it has a red tax strip on the top that has the serial number 647952248. Can you help me figure out which numbers mean what, because I am dying to taste it but I really want to have all the information before I do so. Thank you.

Why wait? Open it, taste it, and tell us what you think of it. While you are enjoying it, you may learn more about it from one of our experts on this site. Pictures of the bottle would help.
fricky

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion