Auchentoshan 10 Year

Love bourbon but still enjoy an occasional foreign whisky pour as well? Discuss some of your favorites here.

Moderator: Squire

Auchentoshan 10 Year

Unread postby Sazerac1850 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:08 am

So, I know this malt was discontinued and replaced with their 12 year. Buuuuut, I was hoping someone could help me find it.

I had it for the first time about a year ago at a restaurant in upstate NY; being new to scotches, I just picked one from the bar to expand my palate and I'm glad I did. I fell in love with this malt. Fast forward to a couple months ago; I had just moved to Chicago and I found it again at a no name bar. Excited.

I've been meaning to go back and seeing if they have any extra bottles around back (I assume the bottle behind the bar, having only 2 or 3 pours taken out of it, was old) that they would be willing to sell. I also asked the beverage manager at the restaurant I work about it; who has a specialty for acquiring hard to find bottles and he couldn't help me.

So I turn to you, the kindness of whiskey lovers in the world, Does anyone have any clue where I can find this malt?

Cheers,
Dan
Sazerac1850

Re: Auchentoshan 10 Year

Unread postby purplehaze67 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:42 pm

purplehaze67

Re: Auchentoshan 10 Year

Unread postby Sazerac1850 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:46 am

The Four Seasons one only delivers to Massachusetts. On one of my googling bouts for this malt, I found that and knew it was too good to be true.

The Winex one, I'm looking into. I dunno if they'd ship to Chicago or not.

Thanks!
Sazerac1850

Return to Scotch Whisky