Comments on Mike`s review of Four Roses "Jim Rutledge 40th anniversary"

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on Mike`s review of Four Roses "Jim Rutledge 40th anniversary"

Unread postby forumadmin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:54 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about Mike's review of Four Roses "Jim Rutledge 40th anniversary".
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:54 pm

I am known to like older whiskies, and this one is 17 years old. I have written many times on BE about the special subtlety and soft sweetness and the moderating dryness of what I call ultra aged bourbons (the ones that have been PROPERLY aged).

In my opinion, this is one of the best, because in its normal state (about 6 years old) it is a superb bourbon of great and interesting robustness. The extra years have not necessarily made it a better bourbon (to me it is definitely better) for everyone, but the sophistication, delicacy, and depth of this release place it among the best bourbons available.

I find it hard to believe that most experienced bourbon drinkers would not agree that this is an exceptional bourbon. If you are an experienced bourbon drinker and think this is an inferior bourbon, please show me your papers...............you may be subject to arrest for carrying false papers. I have very strong opinions about this bourbon!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re: Comments on Mike`s review of Four Roses "Jim Rutledge 40th anniversary"

Unread postby BuffaloBill » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:06 pm

I found this to be a fine bourbon. Pineapple and exotic fruit. Light, clean, and it delivered nicely. A summertime bourbon as opposed to winter or fall. It's more in the zone of French versus California Chardonnay. Delicate.
BuffaloBill

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion