found old bottle

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

found old bottle

Unread postby old stuff » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 pm

So I was in the high dessert of Oregon and found a older bottle. I have been trying to date it b its markings. What I have figured out so far is that it has to be after 1933 cause of the Federal Law marking. Im haveing trouble finding out the brand . Any one feel like helping out???
old stuff

Re: found old bottle

Unread postby bourbonv » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:44 pm

I am game, but I would need more information, or better still, some photographs of the bottle.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby old stuff » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:20 pm

ok I can send you some via text or I can figure out how to post them on here! Im not that computer savie so texed them would be easier! But its up to you?
old stuff

Unread postby old stuff » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:28 pm

But to get you started here is a little bit of info about the bottle

1. Its clear glass, but it is not smooth it has a raised pattern on the sides and around were a lable would go.
2. The bottom has several markings; D-126, It has a diamond with a "C" in it, "67" and what I think might be a patent #78612 and also says
Made in The USA
old stuff

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:41 pm

OK, so you have a clear glass bottle that was made in the United States of America. That's a good start.

1) Is there whiskey in the bottle?

2) Is the whiskey clear? Not cloudy or discolored? You wouldn't know discolored whiskey if it bit you on the butt.

3) Is there a label on the bottle? If so what the hell is printed on the label? Come on! Use the keyboard. Type it out. That's right just copy what the label has written on it. Good Boy/Girl!

4) Post a freakin' photograph! It's not that hard. Tip = use a camera!

Sheesh! Why do I even bother or try anymore!

"I have a bottle that was signed by Moses. I found it in the Arc of the Covenent, right under the Mercy Seat. When I pulled the cork, the bottle started singing 'Rock of Ages' . An angel flew down from heaven, and offered me a drink. This is some really Good whiskey! How much is it worth?"

Jesus Save Me!
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Unread postby old stuff » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Well I can see why you name is bunghole......... Sounds like your another hole as well!! If there was a lable do ya think I would be asking questions!!
old stuff

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:53 pm

old stuff wrote:Well I can see why you name is bunghole......... Sounds like your another hole as well!! If there was a lable do ya think I would be asking questions!!

Happy to see you're in ageement with so many others! I do strive to be very best bunghole around!

Dude, you got a bottle with NO FRICKEN LABEL???!

Why didn't you say so right away?

OK, here's what 'cha do. Open it up; put it to your lips, and pound that sucka down like no tomorrow! CHUG, BABY, CHUG!

*IF* you wake up tomorrow (sometime in the afternoon) then that was some damn fine whiskey. However if you should wake up dead, then then that was just some over-priced brown colored vodka.

OH! Always be sure to authenticate the signature of Moses as there are a lot counterfits running around! :lol:

Soooooooooooo Happy to be your favorite bunghole! The One And Only! Never copied, but never equaled! HA!

Bet you can't eat just one! :shock:
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Return to Collector's Corner