How much is your bottle worth?

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Can anyone give me information on Hayner Distillers?

Unread postby KMag » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:41 pm

I did a little research on Hayner Distillers. I believe they closed in 1919? I ask because of a bottle I have from them. It is clear glass, embossed with their name and locations in Dayton Ohio and St. Louis Mo. The bottle is also dated 1897. Since I am a novice about long defunct distillers, can anyone fill in any information about them? I searched for that name here, but I only turned up one post mentioning them.

Thanks
Ken Mag
Support our Fighting Men and Women
http://www.woundedeodwarrior.org/
Please donate
KMag

Re: How much is your bottle worth?

Unread postby PaulO » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:29 pm

I recognized the name Hayner from Prepro.com website for collectors of pre-prohibition shot glasses. What I remember is that Hayner shot glasses are one of the more common finds of that era. If you check out that site you can see some pics and maybe find out about the company.
PaulO

Unread postby KMag » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:32 pm

PaulO,

Thanks for the info. The wesite name has a dash in it, www.pre-pro.com. I kept getting some other site without it. It was very helpful and told me everything I needed to know. They had a similar bottle in their photo gallery.

Ken M
Support our Fighting Men and Women
http://www.woundedeodwarrior.org/
Please donate
KMag

Unread postby kcarpeneti » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:21 pm

We have cleaned out out garage and found several (8-10)different unopened bottles of liquor dating back to 1917, how can we find the value of these bottles and who would like to buy them?
kcarpeneti

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:35 pm

What are they?
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby Taylor22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:59 pm

I have two old bottles, and I'm looking for information on the value. I'd also like to find out the best way to sell them. The first is a mini bottle of Hallers county fair bourbon whiskey. Bottle reads less than 1/2 pint. The seal is unbroken but not in mint condition. The label reads spring 1954. The second bottle is a 4/5 quart of Metaxa 7 star grape brandy. The import seal is unbroken. I don't see a date, but the following numbers are on the seal 136787969. Any information would be helpful. I will do my best to provide photos. Thanks
Taylor22

Unread postby Swerney » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Well here I am wondering what this bottle of Jesse more Hunt "Special" Bourbon is worth and approximately how old it is. Do I sell it or drink it?? The paper seal is still intact and it looks as if some of the cork has deteriorated and is showing sediment at the bottom of the bottle.
Attachments
IMG00112-20110425-1216.pdf
(553.4 KiB) Downloaded 1071 times
Swerney

Unread postby SteveStewart » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:41 am

loose proton wrote:My bottle is worth what's inside it. After that, I throw it away. Unless it's good for catching pennies.

Love this..best advice of all....
SteveStewart

Unread postby jrsq » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:58 pm

What is the most you've seen a bottle of Very Very Old Fitzgerald sell for.

Same question for A.H. Hirsch 16 year old.

Just having fun seeing what the old bourbons with some name recognition are selling for.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, with a glass of bourbon in hand, proclaiming – WOW What a Ride!
jrsq

Unread postby fricky » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:04 pm

If it is not your listing, check ebay and you will see one that is currently listed and the current bid is $510.
fricky

Unread postby jrsq » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 pm

WOW. that's insane. I had no idea, I had heard of it but never thought it was that expensive.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, with a glass of bourbon in hand, proclaiming – WOW What a Ride!
jrsq

Unread postby silverfish » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:22 pm

jrsq wrote:What is the most you've seen a bottle of Very Very Old Fitzgerald sell for.

I've been keeping track of of the various VOF ebay sales for a little over a year.
The highest final price (including shipping) for a VVOF I have is a 1952/64 bottle
on Dec., 2010. Price was $1340. (7 bidders/16 bids) but this was for a box & shot
glass set, not just a bottle. Highest bottle only price - a 1957/69 for $918. (7
bidders/17 bids) in Jan. 2011
John Q.
Visit the Silverfish Gallery!
silverfish

Unread postby Expedition605 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:37 pm

I have several bottles of Very Very Old Fitzgerald that was Made in Fall of 1963 and Bottled in Fall of 1975. Looking to sell them all. Contact me if you have any interest in purchasing. Greg, Northfield, Illinois
Greg Rekett
Northfield, Illinois
Expedition605

Unread postby jrsq » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Fricky

How much did your Ebay bottle sell for? It was at $510 when you mentioned it in this thread.
jrsq

Unread postby Bakerybourbonboy » Wed May 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Have. Bottle of "very Old Forester". 100 proof. 1962. Never Opened but cork must be bad. Some seepage through label at the top. 1. Is it safe to drink? There is some debris in the bottom. 2. Anyone tried it?
Bakerybourbonboy

PreviousNext

Return to Collector's Corner