Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace tours

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace tours

Unread postby RobotAZ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Awesome! That is one lovable man right there. And I notice that you were in the same bottling room, where Blanton's and Eagle Rare are bottled. We spoke briefly and I explained how I had moved back to KY after being gone for 15 years and that I was very happy to be home, enjoying every minute of it. His response, "I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else", was a passionate statement. He had a big smile on his face. It's hard not to go home and buy a bottle of bourbon from there trying to relive the warmth and friendliness. Thanks for posting that pic.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Unread postby White Canine » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm

I visited BT for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Of the seven stops on our tour, this was my favorite. I have to second the comment about the staff. We showed up about 30 minutes after the last tour departed. The young lady went well out of her way to figure out where that tour was on the BT campus, and after a lot of walking, caught us up with the group. It would have been a lot easier for her to tell us we were too late, and funnel us toward the gift ship. Even joining late, the guides were very well informed (I tend to ask a lot of questions) and I still feel I got a lot out of the tour. Great tasting as well, particularly sampling the White Dog.
White Canine

Unread postby Rickey Rotten » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:26 pm

RobotAZ, you took the words right out of my mouth. I toured both a few years ago and both were interesting and educational. As a business, Buffalo Trace wins hands down but for tasting, Woodford gets my vote.
Rickey Rotten

Return to Bourbon Expeditions