Comments on LogicalFrank's review of Wild Turkey Russells Re

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on LogicalFrank's review of Wild Turkey Russells Re

Unread postby forumadmin » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:35 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about LogicalFrank's review of Wild Turkey Russells Reserve 10 year old;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:35 pm

Good to see you back in the reviewing business, I appreciate your taste and reviews. I still find the 101, (having just recently done side by side with the regular 101, the 8 YO, the RR 101, and the 12 YO) to have a bit of roughness that has been polished by the others. Tastes being what they are, you may appreciate the very thing that I find slightly problematic.

Still, you are spot on with the RR 101 vs the RR 90 in my opinion, but the price hike is hard to swallow.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re: Comments on LogicalFrank's review of Wild Turkey Russells Re

Unread postby White Canine » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:13 pm

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite drinks. I don't claim to have the sophisticated pallet that others on this site have, but for me, this bourbon has the smell, taste and aftertaste of a classic bourbon, but without any of the burning or choking that some of those cheaper, common labels carry. The long but not overpowering finish is what makes this a winner. At $25 per bottle, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better value.
White Canine

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion