Pre Prohibition American medicinal Spirits Company

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Pre Prohibition American medicinal Spirits Company

Unread postby Special Old Reserve » Wed May 12, 2010 3:21 pm

I have a bottle of Special Old Reserve from the American Medicinal Spirits company. The bourbon was made before prohibition started and bottled in bond under government supervision for the stockholders of National Distillers Products Corporation.

I am told this is a very rare bottle of bourbon of which only 12 bottles were produced. The bottles were supposedly given to the stockholders of the national Distillers Products Corporation at the last board meeting of the company before it was dissolved when prohibition started.

How can i find out more information on this bottle and where I could sell it and what it is worth.

I have the bottle and box as well.

Please email me at bsprague8@gmail.com

Barry
bsprague8@gmail.com
Attachments
MVC-884S.JPG
MVC-884S.JPG (57.82 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
MVC-880S.JPG
MVC-880S.JPG (38.81 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
Special Old Reserve

Re: Pre Prohibition American medicinal Spirits Company

Unread postby Dump Bucket » Sun May 16, 2010 10:50 am

Special Old Reserve wrote:I have a bottle of Special Old Reserve from the American Medicinal Spirits company. The bourbon was made before prohibition started and bottled in bond under government supervision for the stockholders of National Distillers Products Corporation.

I am told this is a very rare bottle of bourbon of which only 12 bottles were produced. The bottles were supposedly given to the stockholders of the national Distillers Products Corporation at the last board meeting of the company before it was dissolved when prohibition started.

How can i find out more information on this bottle and where I could sell it and what it is worth.

I have the bottle and box as well.

Please email me at bsprague8@gmail.com

Barry
bsprague8@gmail.com

Do not beleive everything you hear. I have one and I have seen dozens come on ebay. Very common bottle and juice. Going ebay price is $85-145 depending on the week.

Open them and drink them over time. Since it is a screw cap it does not have any cork rot to it. There is a unique taste you will not find anywhere else in today's whiskey world.

Drink well
"What I do I do because I like to do." Alex DeLarge ACWO
Dump Bucket
Bourbon Head
Bourbon Head

Return to Collector's Corner