Wild Turkey 12 YO

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby Mark » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:03 pm

White Lightning wrote:Nevermind the above question. . . after looking in the database here, I found the bottle I have. I assume it's the second release (mid 90's).

I unfortunately don't have the first release that I know of but it was out in the 80's and came in a wooden box. Then the gold foil one that is in the database is the 2nd I know of and the 2 front label one is the 3rd and then the one out in export now is the 4th. I know, not a big deal, but I really need one of the first for the database... Sorry for the confusion! I'm certain no matter which anyone can find though, they are all great examples of the WT line! :cheers:
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby White Lightning » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:00 am

Thanks for the info!
White Lightning

Gold label v. Split label

Unread postby TNbourbon » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:32 pm

I'm the one that brought the split-label version to the Gazebo (the gold label one was already there from a previous night, so I don't know who brought it), but I agree that the gold-label version was superior. Though both were wonderful, the latter had a deeper, more complex, layered flavor and much longer finish.
Luckily, I have five bottles bunkered -- two of the older gold-labeled one and three of the split-label. I pick it up whenever I see. I see it less and less.
TNbourbon

Previous

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings