Wild Turkey Tribute

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Wild Turkey Tribute

Unread postby Brewer » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:23 pm

As this is Day 1 of BourbonEnthusiast, I thought I'd make a quick comment on the new bottling from Wild Turkey, Tribute. This is to honor the 50 years of service that Jimmy Russell has under his belt at Wild Turkey. This bottling is a bit expensive (about $80), but it is very fine. It has one of the best aromas that I have ever had the pleasure to smell. It is quite tasty also. This is a limited bottling, so if you see it and have a few bucks to spend, go for it! :cheers:

Brewer
Brewer

Tribute in NY

Unread postby tlsmothers » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:43 pm

Although I haven't had the chance to sample this beauty, yet, we are excited that Master Distiller Jimmy Russell will be debuting this bottle in NY at my store in Brooklyn Sunday, November 7th from 4-6pm. We'll have all the Wild Turkey open (80, 101, Russell's, Kentucky Spirit, Rye, Honey Liqueur, Tribute), and Jimmy'll be signing bottles. What a treat! I can't wait!

Unfortunately, NY won't be seeing the Tribute at $80. Brewer lucked out with Kentucky prices. New York will prolly see it closer to $100. Still not sure, but this is my bet.
tlsmothers

Unread postby Brewer » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:50 pm

I am looking forward to seeing Jimmy at your store! :) What a great guy! Another treat will be seeing him again the next day at WhiskyFest. Will you be going to the Fest?
Brewer

WhiskyFest

Unread postby tlsmothers » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:59 pm

I'm gonna do my darndest to go to the Fest. I like sitting in on the little seminars and talks. I met some nice folks there last year during the sitdown sessions, but I'm not much for the drunkfest it becomes in the tasting area at a certain point in the evening. I really go to get the chance to taste a lot of things side by side and not to get yelled at by men who think I should "drink up to put hair on my chest." :roll:
tlsmothers

Unread postby Mark » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:05 pm

Hope you can make it LeNell, I should be there with Bob and I am pretty certain that Chris and Kristin will also try and attend. :D
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Dave » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:27 pm

I just received two bottles of this stuff. Grab it while you can for the beauty of the packaging alone. i will try a post of picture of it later. The wooden tube is constructed of very thin wood veneer. It opens on the side by releasing an elasticized cord from a round wooden button. Inside, you're presented with a beautiful bottle. The neck is graced with a small medal medallion. All the labelling has been very well designed and is a pleasure to view.
Dave

Re: Tribute in NY

Unread postby White Lightning » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:48 pm

tlsmothers wrote:Although I haven't had the chance to sample this beauty, yet, we are excited that Master Distiller Jimmy Russell will be debuting this bottle in NY at my store ...

Unfortunately, NY won't be seeing the Tribute at $80. Brewer lucked out with Kentucky prices. New York will prolly see it closer to $100. Still not sure, but this is my bet.

:idea: Based solely on wholesale pricing / distribution in my area, I think there's a chance you'll be pleasantly surprised if you think $80 is fair- unless of course there is some hidden cost for NY that doesn't apply over here.
White Lightning

Unread postby Mark » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:42 pm

Dave wrote:I just received two bottles of this stuff. Grab it while you can for the beauty of the packaging alone. i will try a post of picture of it later.

If anyone wants to see a pic of it, just type in wild turkey tribute in the search box at the top of the page and hit find bourbon. Then you'll see a pic of the bottle and its case with a brief description. You can also type in any bourbon in the search and return a pic for most. In some cases there are already user reviews going on and if you feel up to it, any registered user can write up their own notes.
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby tlsmothers » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:13 pm

THE BIRD HAS LANDED! 25 cases have hit NYC. I'm so glad I'm gonna be able to keep my pricing around Kentucky pricing! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Can you tell I'm excited! This has been a good bourbon day for me. Now I'm just trying to figure out how many of those 25/6 bottle cases I can afford to order. :(

Oh, yeah, and now Pernod Ricard has offered to pay for one of my customers to join me and Jimmy having dinner at BlueSmoke Nov. 7th after our store tasting.

If you'd like for me to set aside Tribute bottles for you, just lemme know!
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby The Whiskey Viking » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:18 pm

tlsmothers wrote:
Oh, yeah, and now Pernod Ricard has offered to pay for one of my customers to join me and Jimmy having dinner at BlueSmoke Nov. 7th after our store tasting.

Forget the bottles, I just ordered an airplaneticket for the 7th :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll bring my best suite

Thomas
The Whiskey Viking

Unread postby tlsmothers » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I should tell 'em that the lucky winner is coming from Denmark!
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby Mark » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:42 pm

tlsmothers wrote:Oh, yeah, and now Pernod Ricard has offered to pay for one of my customers to join me and Jimmy having dinner at BlueSmoke Nov. 7th after our store tasting.

MMMMmmmmmmm, BlueSmoke! They have some damn good bbq there. :tonqe: And a great bourbon selection to boot!
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby doubleblank » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:11 pm

Bob....You might remember that I also loved the nose on this Tribute. It smelled of sweet cherries and port.....I even looked at the label to see if it was double barreled (I knew it wasn't....but where did that sweet nose come from?). Very special bourbon! I may open one of mine soon.

Randy
doubleblank

Unread postby Mark » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:14 pm

I only wonder Randy how great the higher proof Japanese bourbon will be! :P WT's higher proof whiskies have such a great track record with me thus far... Rare Breed and the KY Legend Single Barrel, Barrel Proof are both excellent whiskies from them.
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby doubleblank » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:22 pm

We saw the Japanese version being bottled in Spirit bottles with a Tribute label during the festival visit with Jimmy Russel. I'd love to try some. Currenly enjoying the Freedom at 106 proof I picked up at DFS on my way to Buenos Aires.

Randy
doubleblank

Next

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings