Elmer T. Lee 90th Birthday Bottling

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Elmer T. Lee 90th Birthday Bottling

Unread postby PaulO » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:38 am

A couple of weeks ago I saw these in a store. I had found some other things I had been looking for, so I thought I could come back and pick up the ETL later - wrong. :( I didn't realize that this was a limited release. At the time I thought it was just another new package from BT. So now I'm kicking myself. Has anyone tried it? Is the 90th birthday juice much different from regular ETL?
PaulO

Re: Elmer T. Lee 90th Birthday Bottling

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:05 pm

It's just the regular Elmer T. Lee bourbon. Just a tribute label to his birthday, according to a Buffalo Trace employee.

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby dustyj » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:27 pm

I picked up a bottle in Louisville on Feb 6th. Don't know where you are but the store was next to the Brown hotel. They had other bottles and they sold for 35. They are barrels that were personally selected by Elmer. It only states that it is a limited edition bottle and does not state how many were released. I think it is a bit lighter in flavor and color than the SB version I have that were selected by a Texan named Ed McCrory. But good as usual.
dustyj

Unread postby T Comp » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 pm

I recently had a chance to sample the 90th bottling with a Binny's bottling and felt the 90th just a bit spicier, but doubt if tasted blind, I could tell the difference. For whatever reason, I purchased the Binny's bottling which has given me the chance in the last few days to get to know this better.

Two thoughts from a guy who has spent the last two years trying to catch up with you veterans. This is one of the few bourbons I can drink before dinner and seem to not have my taste diminished...an aperitif, which even most 80 proofers aren't for me. This juice also has a bit of a dusty taste about it, some similarity to a 1982 Old Crow I have, with less viscosity and lavender. Damn good but a little overpriced at the $30 mark around here.
T Comp

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings