Whisky and Steak?

Cookin' in the kitchen with bourbon & Brenda! Come on in and view her recipes or share with us some of your own.

Moderator: Squire

Whisky and Steak?

Unread postby Prime Cut » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Hello! First post is a question about whisky and steak. What is a good bourbon or rye to go with a t-bone? I have had some whiskies but, don't keep up with labels very often. What do I look for?

Signed...very hungry and thirsty.

Thanks
Prime Cut

Re: Whisky and Steak?

Unread postby independant » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:12 pm

I had a T bone and bourbon this weekend. We sampled a few Wild Turkeys with our meal. Not bad at all.
independant

Unread postby Prime Cut » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Wiiiiiiiilllllllld Turkey! A bird with a bovine. I will give that a try. Is there one type of Turkey that you would like more than another? I have seen them on the store shelf, so I know they're available.

Do you ever marinate your steak with bourbon? Is that a good idea?
Prime Cut

Unread postby independant » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:30 pm

If you have never had WT I would say grab a bottle of the 101. There is a 80 proof but don't bother with that. If you find it is a little strong add a little water to bring the proof down, just a few drops.
I have marinated steaks in Bourbon based marinates before. I like to use a bourbon that I may not like as much as others to get rid of it. I also like to add brown sugar and other things to the mix. Normally I just add stuff to the marinate to taste.
independant

Unread postby PaulO » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:43 pm

I would agree that the Wild Turkey 101 is very nice. If you like straight rye, WT Rye is very good. A couple of others to try are Old Forester Signature (100 proof), and Old Grandad.
PaulO

Return to Bourbon Recipes