Hirsch Selection Small Batch 25/28 YR

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Hirsch Selection Small Batch 25/28 YR

Unread postby dangruver » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:21 am

Was just curious id anyone has tried these, i dont really have an issue paying $200+ for a bottle as long as its something special. In my humble opinion, $200 is a bargain for a top shelf bourbon, when you take into account that you can spend that much on a bottle of scotch and still not have something special. (which i have sadly done)
dangruver

Re: Hirsch Selection Small Batch 25/28 YR

Unread postby dangruver » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:53 pm

Well the hirsch is for a gift for a seasoned bourbon drinker, i have an entire universe to try out before i venture out to the top self. I was just curious if it was good enogh to carry such a price tag.
dangruver

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:31 pm

dangruver wrote:Was just curious id anyone has tried these, i dont really have an issue paying $200+ for a bottle as long as its something special. In my humble opinion, $200 is a bargain for a top shelf bourbon, when you take into account that you can spend that much on a bottle of scotch and still not have something special. (which i have sadly done)

Oh, Dan! You actually paid real money for Scottish whisky?

What a real damn dumb ass!

You paid over $200 for seriously stupid Scottish whisky?

Ouch! What a complete waste of real money for no good low down fake whisky.

You could have bought a really nice amount of good Straight Bourbon Whiskey for the same 'small' price!

Wake up my brother!

Reality Is Calling!
Saint Linn - A True Saint - According To Saint Paul
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Unread postby mozilla » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Dude, seriousely UN-COOL :protest:

There are better ways to handle your feelings than to direct comments, like that, to someone so new to the site. Please show some decorum.
mozilla

Unread postby PaulO » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:52 am

Hey who hasn't tried something that turned out not to be good? How about this, something with a fancy bottle and price, that turns out to ge just average. Anyway, the whole Hirsch thing is complicated. I guess a good question would be what your friend likes, to have something to go on. I could suggest anything from the Buffalo Trace Antique collection as a cool gift, or Blantons. Four Roses, and Wild Turkey have some higher end labels that get good reviews too. Most of these cost from $50 to less than $100.
PaulO

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings