Moose Drool

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

Moose Drool

Unread postby Don Galligan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Moose Drool is a Brown Ale that has a very full body and a pleasant though modest nose. Moose Drool is one of those beers that gets more fragrant and flavorful as it warms up. I wouldn’t say you want it at room temperature, but around 50 degrees would be just perfect. While i was drinking Moose Drool I was trying to pinpoint the flavor notes. It starts out a little bitter like coffee and then goes hoppy, and finally finishing with sweet caramel spice.

It is a good drinking beer and one that was thoroughly enjoyable.

In May of 2009 they Big Sky Brewery announced that they would begin packaging their brews in cans. Previously they had put their brew in an aluminum bottle that was kind of hokey and wierd. That is because previous to May there was no way to package their brew in cans without adding an unacceptable amount of air into the mix. With the new technology which is 100% electronic they can now package their product in a standard aluminum can without adding air to the package, thus not compromising the brew or mix. This follows their committment to using recyclable packaging and being a greener company. The other benefit will be a wider distribution, so perhaps some of you east coasters will finally be able to sample this great brew from the Big Sky Brewing in Missoula, Mt.

-Don
http://www.beerandwhiskeybros.com
Don Galligan

Return to What Ales You