rare bottles

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

rare bottles

Unread postby schenleyinfo » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:34 pm

I have an opened/empty brown colored bottle that states on the front of it: Cream of Kentucky Double Rich Kentucky Whisky (a blend) Blended and Bottled by Schenly Distillers, Inc. Frankfort, Kentucky. I has a Red Internal Revenue Stamp across the top , sholder to shoulder, and a State of Fla 271/8cent excise stamp. A 1 pint bottle. Where can I find out if its worth anything or throw it away.

I have a 1 pint bottle of Barclay's Gold Label Straight Rye Whiskey, Jas Barclay & company Limited, Peoria Illinois. It has the red IRS stamp from shoulder to shoulder with a 15 cent Florida excise stamp. Never been opened, the seal is still entacted with the Barclay's seal that is cracked but intacted. I would like to get more info on this as well. Thanks, schenlyinfo
schenleyinfo

Re: rare bottles

Unread postby Rughi » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Welcome to Bourbon Enthusiast,

If you could post photos it would make it more fun for forum members. Some of us may have never seen one or both of those bottlings. It might help identify age, etc. as well as feel a bit more like you're contributing to the forum in the same way as you're asking the forum to help you out.

Roger
Rughi

Unread postby drinkdrankdrunk » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Pictures would be fantastic, but you won't get any appraisel values here. We will simply admire the pictures and direct you to either start collecting and loving bourbon or send you to e-bay to make a profit. Because that is the only place that allows you to illegally sell booze without a liscense. Say hi to the Feds for me. :D See Jeff I remembered the emoticon this time.
drinkdrankdrunk

Unread postby mozilla » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Yep, very sweet of you.

I doubt that empty bottles will bring in much interest. While, COK is an interesting label...being a blender takes away from that mystique.

But, a picture of both would be nice to take a gander at.
mozilla

Unread postby schenleyinfo » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:47 pm

I figured pic should be added, when the wife is able i'll have her do that. that way it will be done rite the first time, thanks to all.
schenleyinfo

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings