Vitolas For Wheaters

Fire one up and talk about your favorite smokes here.

Moderator: Squire

Vitolas For Wheaters

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:06 pm

No Havanas Please. Just legally available cigars in the U.S.A.

What would you choose, and why?

I have my own ideas, but what are yours?

Linn

"Wheat Whisperer"

"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Re: Vitolas For Wheaters

Unread postby JH » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:03 pm

Linn, when I think of a wheater I always think of Lot B (I'm a fan) & I usually try to pick a mild/medium to medium bodied cigar. I believe the last time I had Lot B with a cigar it was with a Punch Rothchild (EMS) & if I remember right it was pretty good. I also remember Temple Hall lonsdales going very well with Lot B.
Glad you posted this, I haven't had any Lot B for awhile, I'm going to have to test this theory myself very soon :) .
JH

Re: Vitolas For Wheaters

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:34 pm

JH wrote:Linn, when I think of a wheater I always think of Lot B (I'm a fan) & I usually try to pick a mild/medium to medium bodied cigar. I believe the last time I had Lot B with a cigar it was with a Punch Rothchild (EMS) & if I remember right it was pretty good. I also remember Temple Hall lonsdales going very well with Lot B.
Glad you posted this, I haven't had any Lot B for awhile, I'm going to have to test this theory myself very soon :) .

OK JH. I have to agree with your choice of Punch, and would also add Punch Gran Cru Monarcas, and Punch Rare Corojo Double Coronas. I have heard of Temple Hall, but haven't smoked any.

I would also add Macanudo Gold Hampton Court, and AVO Signature Lonesdales to my short list for wheated bourbons. The AVOs really compliment the Pappy Van Winkles very nicely.

I was hoping some other cigar smokers would join in. Bourbonv; Bourbon Joe, fricky, and Stoopsie all enjoy cigars and love wheated bourbons. Maybe they just missed this thread.

Linn
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Return to The Humidor