Beertime

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

Beertime

Unread postby mozilla » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:57 pm

I don't drink alot of beer these days...but, with the weather getting hot here in Texas....a beer is starting to sound real good. So, before I go plop down $7 for a 12 pack of Pearl or Schlitz....I wanted to know what your favorite economy 12 pack is and why? I would like some other options for my $7.
mozilla

Re: Beertime

Unread postby independant » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:12 pm

To me there is no better beer then yeungling. At between 8 and 11 bucks a case of bottles and 18 to 20 for 24 cans you can not beat the taste. You can only get it on the east coast I think and some midwestern states.
independant

Unread postby PaulO » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:55 am

OK, so a light lager economy beer, and it helps if they sell it in TX. Do they sell Stroh's in TX? Other suggestions; Old Style, or Pabst Blue Ribbon.
PaulO

Unread postby mozilla » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:26 am

I think most of these labels are owned by Strohs and are produced by Miller of Fort Worth for the Texas market.

The PBR wasn't as good as Pearl or Schlitz. Though they are all almost identicly priced.

It's more the price, than anything. Then from there I go for best or fullest flavor. If a case of Yeunglings is $11 I would drink that often.
mozilla

Unread postby Kinsey Worker » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:27 am

I do not live in Tx but I can tell you that Shiner Black Lager & Bock are out of this world good beer. I have to go to DE to get them but always find someone going just over the Line to get them for me.
other Favorites are
1. Yuegling Lager
2. Sam Adams Lager,Black lager,Octoberfest,and BlackberryWitbier
3. my Favorite regular beer is Iron City lager
4. Sieara Nevada Porter
5. Tommy is Knocker Coco Porter and many more and interestingly The new Pabst is dam
good Beer for the price
6. Also one of the best Lagers around is Narragansett Beer. Only available up North I get friends to get me it 3 cases at a time! And we Now have Reading Premium Beer being made again a small Brewery in Reading bounght the naming rights and has recreated it to a really Great Tasting Beer.

As a kid I fondly remember watching a show on our old round screen Tv about cooking with beer The Guy dressed completely in German shorts and German clothes and when the show came to an end he would raise a Beer Stein and pour Beer into it Hold it High and say

"Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food"

Never forgot him dressed like a german Hiker. Last night I was drinking some Hefe Weisson beer from Phila brewing In Phila and their Walt Wit is some great beer to!
Dave Z
Kinsey Worker

Unread postby DeanSheen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:25 pm

Well IMO a good economy beer is an oxymoron.

When I buy cheap beer I get 12's of Budweiser. But I have come to accept that the prices for beer that sit between the range of decent to very good are not cheap.

I'm not sure if it's distributed in TX but Full Sail Session is $15/12 out the door. Thats reasonable price for good taste that goes down easy especially in the summer heat.

http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/session.cfm

Another really good summer heat beer is the Vietnamese 33 EXPORT.

http://beerbeer.org/image/2009/fun/beer ... meroon.jpg

YMMV
--- Robert in meatspace. (NE OH)
DeanSheen

Unread postby drinkdrankdrunk » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:18 pm

Really Jeff? It's a no-brainer. LONE STAR!
drinkdrankdrunk

Unread postby mozilla » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:25 pm

For some reason Lone Star is usually a dollar or two more than the others and hardly ever on sale. We had a keg of LoneStar at a party not too long ago...it tasted good.
mozilla

Unread postby Kinsey Worker » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:49 pm

You Can't Beat Shiner Black Lager icy cold and great tasting for about 23.00 a case in Del.
Kinsey Worker
Kinsey Worker

Unread postby drinkdrankdrunk » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Lone Star is $12 an 18-pack where I buy it.
drinkdrankdrunk

Return to What Ales You