Comments on BourbonDave`s review of Charter 101

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on BourbonDave`s review of Charter 101

Unread postby forumadmin » Mon May 25, 2009 3:10 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about BourbonDave's review of Charter 101.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby bunghole » Mon May 25, 2009 3:10 pm

You are quite welcome Bourbon Dave! Charter 101 is a hard bourbon not to like. Plenty of proof; flavor, and finish. Easy to drink, maybe a bit too easy. Easy on the pocketbook when compaired to Knob Creek or Wild Turkey 101. Very simular in price with Old Grand Dad Bottled-In-Bond 100 proof, or Elijah Craig 12 year old 94 proof. In fact that would make a fine three way blind shoot out. High rye; mid rye, and low rye. I may have to do that when Independent comes for a visit next week-end.

Linn
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Re: Comments on BourbonDave`s review of Charter 101

Unread postby BourbonDave » Tue May 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Bunghole,
Enjoying a pour of it right now. I really like it compared to other BT products like Buffalo Trace bourbon. Love AAA 10yr as well. C101 has a little more fruit to it than BT and not as dry as AAA. I get it for about $15 here in Lexington, KY!

Thanks for the heads up. Looking at trying OGD next. :D
BourbonDave

Unread postby ggilbertva » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:28 pm

I recently picked up a bottle of this and was surprised at what I found in the bottle. This is one of the sweeter bourbons I've had in recent memory and then the slight heat and spice on the finish rounded out the experience. I like it and will probably get more. I vatted 50/50 the Charter and AAA 10 year and found the extra age of the AAA really complimented the higher proof of the Charter.
ggilbertva

Unread postby BourbonDave » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:43 pm

I've got to try the vatting of those two. Never done any vatting before, but it sounds interesting. The AAA 10yr might be improved with the finish of the Charter.
BourbonDave

Unread postby ggilbertva » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:42 pm

I vatted those two because they are both a rye mashbill and I didn't want to deviate from that. I simply wanted to up the proof on the AAA and increase the age on the Charter. Together, it was a very decent pour.
ggilbertva

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion