Springbank Single Cask

Love bourbon but still enjoy an occasional foreign whisky pour as well? Discuss some of your favorites here.

Moderator: Squire

Springbank Single Cask

Unread postby Brewer » Tue May 12, 2009 1:43 pm

Back in 2001, a few friends and I purchased a small cask (approximately 26 gallons) of Springbank Single Malt. We were advised earlier this year that Springbank was finding that whisky in small casks were maturing much quicker than normal sized casks. In fact, they said a 7 year old whisky could be compared favorably to a 12 - 15 year old whisky from a normal sized cask. The down-side to this is that these smaller casks have also had a higher loss to the angels than larger casks. Anyway, we gave Springbank the go ahead to bottle our whisky. It is now being shipped, but unfortunately, it has to take the long trip to NY via CA. I guess it is the scenic route! :shock: The importer gave me the name of a CA retailer to contact to arrange shipping to NY. I'm awaiting their response. I'd like to see if I could get some other options though. Does anyone know of any CA retailers that I could contact to check their prices to ship my goods to NY?
Bob
Brewer

Re: Springbank Single Cask

Unread postby scotchdrinker » Tue May 12, 2009 3:38 pm

The Whisky Shop SF (415)989-1030
D & M Wines & Liquors SF (415)346-1325
Hi-Time Cellars Costa Mesa (800)331-3005
Traverso's Gourmet Foods & Liquors Inc Santa Rosa (707)542-2530
K&L Wines 877-559-4637
scotchdrinker

Unread postby Brewer » Tue May 12, 2009 3:55 pm

I should have mentioned the folks I was referred to by the importer: Wine & Liquor Depot. I sent them an e-mail over a week ago, then a FU e-mail, with no response yet. Maybe they don't need/want the business???

Thanks for the other names scotchdrinker!
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby scotchdrinker » Tue May 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Well I guess they don't. That would atleast be my guess.

Your welcome, hopefully they can help.
scotchdrinker

Unread postby barturtle » Tue May 12, 2009 4:22 pm

You may run into more problems trying to ship liquor, BEVMO in CA for instance will only ship spirits to CA and AZ according to their site, but wine goes many more places.
barturtle

Unread postby scotchdrinker » Tue May 12, 2009 4:28 pm

barturtle is right a lot of places don't send spirits across state lines. But, what you can do if you have an issue is find a trucker to bring it cross country because with the amount you have it might be cheaper than ups/fedex.
scotchdrinker

Return to Scotch Whisky