Michters Decanters

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Michters Decanters

Unread postby Dangermonkey » Fri May 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Been doing some research on Michters for a while now (almost ready to do a magazine story with lots of pictures of the distillery as it stands today) and during my research came across ( and bought) a number of Michters Decanters from a bottle club member.
This whiskey was only available by membership/subscription to their club and occasionally sold at their on premise gift shop.
This was the whiskey that came from their one barrel a day potstill and not the 12,000 gallon per 24 hour column still (which is where all the other - (such as Hirsch series) came from making these much rarer than any other whiskey from Michters- so rare I have never seen any other bottles on offer anywhere. Does anyone have any idea what these might be worth on the market?
The Pleasures of Exile are Imperfect at Best,
At Worst They Rot the liver
Dangermonkey

Re: Michters Decanters

Unread postby ethangsmith » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:26 pm

I wouldn't call myself a Michter's guru, but I have amassed a large collection of their decanters, photos, and paperwork. I also know the current owner of the distillery and also have been doing some cleanup work there. What decanters do you have? I would be willing to help you out with your article and also determining the rarity of your collection. Please let me know how I can help!!!
If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.
ethangsmith

Unread postby LindaHook » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:41 pm

I have a Pittsburgh Steelers Super 5 Michters Decanter. Does anyone know the value? Thank you!
LindaHook

Unread postby ethangsmith » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:14 am

If it's empty, about $35. If it's full, about $45.
If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.
ethangsmith

Return to Collector's Corner