Comments on gillmang's review of Makers Mark

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on gillmang's review of Makers Mark

Unread postby forumadmin » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:05 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about gillmang's review of Makers Mark;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:05 pm

Gary,
The last couple of times I drank some Maker's Mark at a bar, I had noticed it had improved. There was more of the nice caramel tones that used to be in the product and it was beginning to get a little oak wood as well. I theorized at the time that they are finally producing quantity more in line with the demand and they quit taking some short cuts in the aging. I hope the trend continues. It is still short of the bourbon that built its reputation, but in my opinion, it is going in the right direction again.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Re: Comments on gillmang's review of Makers Mark

Unread postby HowiPepper » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Nice review.

I've been picking up 50ml bottles of Maker's Mark at the liqueur stores when I would by something else, just to taste. It took me a while to make up my mind, but I picked up a nice large bottle today. I really like Maker's Mark. To me, the nose is mainly vanilla, with some faint fruity undertones. The taste is immediately sweet and faintly fruity, until the spice kicks in, then it takes on a nice warm cinnamon & cloves taste (and mouth feel). The finish is nice and spicy, and just seems to keep going. I find Maker's Mark to be a fairly substantial and complex bourbon.

Over all, this is a very nice bourbon for the price, and is readily available.
HowiPepper

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion