Comments on Jon`s review of Elijah Craig 12 year old

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on Jon`s review of Elijah Craig 12 year old

Unread postby forumadmin » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:01 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about Jon's review of Elijah Craig 12 year old.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby azoth_melusina » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:01 pm

how does the rye differ here than in something 'stronger' like Old Grand Dad 114? i guess rye can come through in different ways. i've got a cold myself and, yep, the richness of this pour does come through. but i do ask, do you get a slight mustiness? and i mean that (as i put in my review) in a completely postive way. i was wondering if the oak of the barrels had spalting...not a bad thing visually...can't remember if spalting affects oak...anyways, flavor profiles, tasting conditions and the general mystery of it all is part of the pleasure and adventure. thanks for the review.
"Whiskey is by far the most popular of all remedies that won't cure a cold." Jerry Vale
azoth_melusina

Re: Comments on Jon`s review of Elijah Craig 12 year old

Unread postby azoth_melusina » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:04 pm

i meant to add this comment, too....where you mention 'top' rack storage...on the other bourbon site, there is a thread on EC12 (revisited!) and i was thinking the 'mustiness' might even come from being stored on the BOTTOM racks. perhaps that's where the down-to-earth flavor was coming from...
"Whiskey is by far the most popular of all remedies that won't cure a cold." Jerry Vale
azoth_melusina

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion