Comments on crowslex`s review of Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot B 12 year old

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on crowslex`s review of Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot B 12 year old

Unread postby forumadmin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:33 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about crowslex's review of Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot B 12 year old.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby azoth_melusina » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:33 pm

THAT is an excellent observation..that it is so good....but complexity is there if you slow down....i am amazed as well...glad i trusted my gut on this buy. now my tongue is in delight.
"Whiskey is by far the most popular of all remedies that won't cure a cold." Jerry Vale
azoth_melusina

Re: Comments on crowslex`s review of Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot B 12 year old

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:35 pm

Who in the hell is crowsux???
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Re: Comments on crowslex`s review of Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot B 12 year old

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:27 pm

Good Lord!

I just read cumsux's so called review. What a worthless waste of time.

I think that venerated reviewers should be able to either rate or even delete so called reviews of little or no merit. This is such a review of no account.

I for one do not want to put up with such a waste of time or bandwidth.

So could the same be said of my reviews. So be it. I'll live.

Pissed Over Blatant Jack Assery!

Linn
bunghole

Unread postby azoth_melusina » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:03 pm

is there something this reviewer did...?

i don't see anything different in his/her (?!) comments on this great pour compared to others' comments. i was just agreeing with an aspect of the review.

this VW12 is superb. that's all that matters, right? :geek:
"Whiskey is by far the most popular of all remedies that won't cure a cold." Jerry Vale
azoth_melusina

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:27 pm

azoth_melusina wrote:is there something this reviewer did...?

i don't see anything different in his/her (?!) comments on this great pour compared to others' comments. i was just agreeing with an aspect of the review.

this VW12 is superb. that's all that matters, right? :geek:

No. The bourbon is just fine. What does matter is the substance of the review. In this case your friend presents little or no substance. I can not add, nor do I take away from his post. It is what it is. It is sad, and without merit. My only wish is that people would post tastings supurbly well written of great merit. I do grow so weary of uninformed posts, or of so called tasters that can not tell the difference between peanutbutter and deamon farts.
bunghole

Unread postby azoth_melusina » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:53 pm

i gotcha....it's sometimes hard to configure the intent or discontent! i get wordy myself, but i was just agreeing with his (admittedly short shrift) haiku-ish-ness....

i just posted my own reviews (after many hours and a year or so! of perusing and sipping) today...! hoping i was detailed enough to not incur the wrath :twisted: :D

anyways, i prefer qualitative reviews over quantitative. often, the qualitative hjacks the quantitative and that's always good... :mrgreen:
azoth_melusina

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:20 pm

PM Sent!
bunghole

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion