DC Metro Bourbon Tasting

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Re: DC Metro Bourbon Tasting

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Little did ima know that all the whiskey was liberally laced with truth serum. So I spilled all the secret ops of the *DO*NOT*DELETE* forces operating behind enemy lines during the dark days of persecution at 'that other place'. :bom: ima hasn't had that much fun in a long time!

PANTS AWAY, BABY!

Linn - 8-)
Last edited by bunghole on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Unread postby bourbonv » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:01 pm

So what was the cigar of choice for the Mission. With Bunghole, Bourbon Joe and Stoopsie present, there had to be at least one cigar included in the night of Bonds.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:37 pm

bourbonv wrote:So what was the cigar of choice for the Mission. With Bunghole, Bourbon Joe and Stoopsie present, there had to be at least one cigar included in the night of Bonds.

Bourbon Joe brought a big box of Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta maduro churchills that were supurb smokes. ima filched an Arturo Fuente from DougDog's humidor. Others were smoking unbanded sticks that might have come from an island south of Miami.
bunghole

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:34 pm

Dump Bucket wrote:It was a great event. I was very fortunate to have been able to be in the area and to be invited...

Now I need to get y'all down to the SW...

hey ima... note the new name... per your request :mrgreen: - it was great to meet you and the others...

Dump Bucket is highly approved! :thumbright:
bunghole

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:21 pm

mozilla wrote:Looks like a fun time was had by all. Were there any winners to the bunch?

Jeff, there were two outstanding bonds: 1) I.W. Harper, and 2) Old Forester.

The currently available Old Fitzgerald Bottled-In-Bond distilled at Heaven Hill's newly acquired Bernhiem distilley = DSP-KY-1 and bottled in Heaven Hill's Bardstown facility was also quite good.

So before the real mission started I had to finish one of my own (just like the opening of any James Bond movie) with a high rye; a low rye, and a no rye. All had their merits, and enjoyed them all.

ssssh!

Do*Not*Delete
bunghole

Unread postby bourbonv » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm

I am confused by the name change for "DumpBucket". I thought that was the name they were giving "Bucc58" while he was here in Louisville earlier this year. Even with the confusion, I agree with Do*not8Delete's assesment of the agent. A very interesting person and an enjoyable company for an evening of bourbon tasting. I wish I was there, but I understand from agent Stoopsie, my name was taken in vain a few times during the night. And yes, he did make off with my Heritage Collection mini's from the Master Distiller's Seminar at the Getz Museum, but I have gotten even by drinking his bourbon on more than one occasion.
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:22 pm

bourbonv wrote:I am confused by the name change for "DumpBucket". I thought that was the name they were giving "Bucc58" while he was here in Louisville earlier this year. Even with the confusion, I agree with Do*not8Delete's assesment of the agent. A very interesting person and an enjoyable company for an evening of bourbon tasting. I wish I was there, but I understand from agent Stoopsie, my name was taken in vain a few times during the night. And yes, he did make off with my Heritage Collection mini's from the Master Distiller's Seminar at the Getz Museum, but I have gotten even by drinking his bourbon on more than one occasion.

Mike, let me see if I can remember this correctly....oh hell let's just forget that!

ima refused to drink one of the bonds ( which turned out to be Ancient Age Bottled-In-Bond) and proceeded to dump it into Jake's spit, or "Dump" bucket. He protested loudly saying something like "Hey! You've violated my dump bucket!" Well as everyone here knows, I've violated just about every natural law ever laid down, but "Dump Bucket" just sounded right to me. Emerald just tossed his last spun-cookie into a "Dump Bucket".

You know some folks get paid a lot of money to design a cool corporate logo. Others get screwed. Logo's still cool, but they don't get paid. I do my best for my brothers and sisters. I want them all to have cool one of a kind names that they can all be proud of.

sssssh!

Do*Not*Delete
bunghole

Unread postby bourbonv » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:01 pm

Like I said, I am sorry I missed the fun! It sounds like you all had a great time and enjoyed the bourbon and cigars. I assume the food was good as well, so I would say you did it up right.
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby Dump Bucket » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:46 am

Mike,
It is also a reflection of Thursday Night (pre tasting night) when Reid and I went 'till ~2:30-3:00AM and we were working the Willetts...35 bourbons with a few repeats... Linn leverage that and the tasting that night and said "Spun_Cookie" is stupid. Change it to ... Dump Bucket" ... and so it was done...
Dump Bucket
Bourbon Head
Bourbon Head

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:25 pm

Dump Bucket wrote:Mike,
It is also a reflection of Thursday Night (pre tasting night) when Reid and I went 'till ~2:30-3:00AM and we were working the Willetts...35 bourbons with a few repeats... Linn leverage that and the tasting that night and said "Spun_Cookie" is stupid. Change it to ... Dump Bucket" ... and so it was done...

Yah, Yes - As It Is Said - So Shall It Be Done! May your "Dump Bucket" be blessed many times.

:arrow: imasaintbunghole :smilebox:
bunghole

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Holy Smokes!

ima forgot to say....

ssssssh!

Do*Not*Delete
bunghole

Previous