Please help ID this WT 101 12 YO for me

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Please help ID this WT 101 12 YO for me

Unread postby Tarheel72 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:13 pm

Does anyone have any info about the WT 101 12 year old that I have? It is wrapped in a brown tissue paper and is boxed in a wooden box with a small latch on it. The label indicates it was made from a special batch of 600 barrels. I am not sure of the date but I think it is early 80"s maybe? Anyone have any comments on its taste? Value? thanks.

Tarheel born, Tarheel bred. Go Heels!
Tarheel72

Re: Please help ID this WT 101 12 YO for me

Unread postby Tarheel72 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:00 am

mozilla wrote:There should be a bottle date on the bottom of the bottle. Also, there might be a Julian date on the neck ring. I don't remember seeing one of those before, but others might have some good information. I do see that it states "bottled by" rather than "distilled by".

Thanks. I checked the bottom of the bottle when I had it out of the tissue for the picture but did not see a date. Maybe I do not know the codes. Someone on StraightBourbon.com said they thought it was the first 12 year old release and was a special holiday edition from the early 1980's, but I would like to get more information and verification of that if I can. Thanks for the help.

Tarheel
Tarheel born, Tarheel bred. Go Heels!
Tarheel72

Unread postby Attila » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:22 am

You asked this question on straightbourbon.com and it was answered for you there. If you kept up with the thread, you would have found that we provided more information than what you have posted here. Kind of rude of you to ask a question and not stick around to get the answer.
Last edited by Attila on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Attila

Unread postby Attila » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:25 am

Look at the bottom of the bottle. At the 4 o'clock location, there should be a two digit number. That number is the year. Thus, if it reads '84', your bottle si from 1984.
Attila

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings