bourbonsites

Check in here for reviews of whiskey related books and other materials

Moderator: Squire

bourbonsites

Unread postby St.Ommelul » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:01 pm

As a newbie i`m just curious how many sites there are that deal with bourbon&rye.I came across this site by coincidence,another site i frequent is that of the Belgium whiskyclub Cask 7 but it is more a single malt site,also found a Dutch and a Danish one but they have a few frequent visitors unlike this site.I like this one :D :D :D .
St.Ommelul

Re: bourbonsites

Unread postby cowdery » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Not just to plug myself, but go here and there's a list of sites you might find interesting.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Re: bourbonsites

Unread postby bourbonv » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:31 pm

It really depends upon what you want in a website. If you are looking for good information, then I would say go to Chuck's site or John Lipman's site or Mike Kellstrand's site. Great information about touring the distilleries and other general information. Of course all of the distilleries have their own sites as well. If you are looking for discussion forums such as this site, then the first site to look at is the oldest and largest site of straightbourbon.com. It has been around the longest and has a wealth of information and a very large following. The downside is that it is oldest and has a wealth of information and that makes it harder to search the site for what you want to find. For some reason they decided to add to this problem by locking threads that are over a certain amount of time without comment. This leads to duplicate threads about the same subject because if a person wants to comment upon an old thread, then they have to start a new one. Still I would highly recommend you checking it out. Another newer site is bourbondrinker.com. Its claim to fame is that they rate bourbons at that site. I personally don't believe in ratings and never use their rating systems, but there are many very active members there that are very entertaining fellows. I like to follow the site because I would estimate that the average age of the members is somewhere arounf 32, meaning the site attracts the younger bourbon drinkers. It is interesting to get their perspective on the industry and products. Besides, they are all real nice people who like to drink bourbon. Who can go wrong with that. There are other forums available and most of them are quite small compared to BE. Explore the net and if you find other interesting sites, please let us know here. I am sure there are other people here besides myself that enjoy seeing other sites and what they have to offer.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to The Library