Comments on gillmang`s review of George T. Stagg 2007

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on gillmang`s review of George T. Stagg 2007

Unread postby forumadmin » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:04 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about gillmang's review of George T. Stagg 2007.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby BuffaloBill » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:04 pm

Thank you for the informative review - much appreciated. I came across this bottling last week in my travels but didn't purchase it. I wish they'd put an age statement on these... anyway, now I'm interested. I'm a big fan of BT, EMT, but not all that happy with Blanton's. I still haven't found a bottle of Blanton's that makes me kick my heels up. Love WLW and SAZ 18 = two favorites. BB
BuffaloBill

Re: Comments on gillmang`s review of George T. Stagg 2007

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:33 am

Gary,
Interesting review. I don't go out of my way to purchase Stagg and still have several old bottles, so I have never reviewed this year's bottling. It is an excellent product but fairly similar every year. I would love to see a Stagg come out that was at about 110 proof after 15 years of age. That would be exciting.

BB,
I agree with you about Blantons. I have had excellent Blantons, but only when tasting at a Whisky Magazine tasting. They pick superior barrels to send to such tastings so don't look for it in the store. Mere consumers are not allowed to have such barrels and that is why I have never purchased a bottle of Blantons and doubt I ever will. Unless I think they are making their reputation with the same whiskey I can purchase in the store, then I will not support the brand.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion