Comments on bunghole`s review of W L Weller Special Reserve 7 year old

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on bunghole`s review of W L Weller Special Reserve 7 year old

Unread postby forumadmin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:25 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about bunghole's review of W L Weller Special Reserve 7 year old.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Great review Linn. Now I want a bottle. Oops, it isn't available in PA. What else is new?
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Re:

Unread postby bunghole » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Bourbon Joe wrote:Great review Linn. Now I want a bottle. Oops, it isn't available in PA. What else is new?
Joe

Same here Joe - No Weller in VA.

Thanks for your kind words. You must have been reading my review as I was writting it!

OR did you step out on the deck for a fine cigar? Sniffing the air, your ultra fine tuned bourbonic nose detected a wiff of Weller in the air. "DAMN! bunghole must be doing a tasting (300 miles south)." Gottagetonline NOW!

Many Blessings To You My Brother!

Linn
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Re: Comments on bunghole`s review of W L Weller Special Reserve 7 year old

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:29 am

If someone had told me 5 years ago that Linn would write a review praising a wheated bourbon, I would have said they were crazy drunk! Well done Linn. A great review of a fine wheated bourbon! I find the Weller Special Reserve to be a pleasant pour when I am looking for something sweet and nutty, but not overpowering. A great summertime bourbon with a good pipe full of tobacco while sitting in the shade.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:12 pm

bourbonv wrote:If someone had told me 5 years ago that Linn would write a review praising a wheated bourbon, I would have said they were crazy drunk! Well done Linn. A great review of a fine wheated bourbon! I find the Weller Special Reserve to be a pleasant pour when I am looking for something sweet and nutty, but not overpowering. A great summertime bourbon with a good pipe full of tobacco while sitting in the shade.

Many thanks, Professor Veach! I do my best to provide accurate tasting notes that are fun to read. While some may find my signature sonic inferences preposterous (which they are), I delight in their absurdity and find them whimsicly amusing. Whichever way a bourbon sounds to me, that's how I have to write about them. It can be no other way.

Linn
bunghole

Unread postby TNbourbon » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:54 pm

...Sweet and easy drinking! Don't strain your brain and think about this bourbon too much...

Absolutely right! If you want to drink something neat, this'll do. If you want to mix it with Coke or ginger ale, this'll do. If it's a hot night and you think an ice cube sounds appropriate, this'll do. I call this a Three-P bourbon -- proof, price, and palate. Tough combo to beat.
TNbourbon

Re:

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:42 pm

TNbourbon wrote:
...Sweet and easy drinking! Don't strain your brain and think about this bourbon too much...

Absolutely right! If you want to drink something neat, this'll do. If you want to mix it with Coke or ginger ale, this'll do. If it's a hot night and you think an ice cube sounds appropriate, this'll do. I call this a Three-P bourbon -- proof, price, and palate. Tough combo to beat.

Tim is that really you?

Tim said, "Absolutely right!". That's high praise indeed! I'll take it. I worked really hard drinking that bourbon and writting that review. I even had to pay for it out of my own pocket, and that means it must be good.

Linn
bunghole

Re: Re:

Unread postby TNbourbon » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:02 pm

bunghole wrote:...Tim said, "Absolutely right!". That's high praise indeed!..

:lol: I teach 2nd-graders for a living, Linn! What the Hell do I know about bourbon?!
(But, thank you for the thought, just the same.)
Weller Special Reserve was my first 'favorite', back when I started enjoying bourbon. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I still have more than a couple Louisville/Stitzel-Weller bottles in hand. But, the 1.75L I just finished is current production, and was still waaayyy enjoyable.
TNbourbon

Re: Comments on bunghole`s review of W L Weller Special Reserve

Unread postby ggilbertva » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:08 am

Linn,

As always, your palate speaks the truth. I had this very bourbon last night and enjoyed it very much.
ggilbertva

Unread postby kevsbird » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:48 pm

My local spirits store introduced me to this bourbon. I love it!! Smooth, and sweet.
kevsbird

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion