A visit with "The Bunghole"

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

A visit with "The Bunghole"

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:16 pm

Doug (Fricky) and I went to a Bluegrass Festival in Burlington North Carolina this past weekend. Since we went right past Stuarts Draft Virginia we decided to stop and see Da Bunghole. It was a great visit with a great guy. We had a couple good libations and a great cigar. It is always a pleasure to visit with Linn and talk bourbon. Thanks Linn for your warm hospitality.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bunghole » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:45 pm

Gentlemen,

The pleasure was all mine. Joe & Doug gave me a very nice assortment of fine cigars. We sampled some of the original 101 proof 10 year old Eagle Rare. I had never had any before and found it excellent in every way. I also revisited an old friend in Old Weller Antique; "7 Summers Old" and 107 proof. Doug was kind enough to leave these bottles behind. Joe was gererous enough to give me botles of Wild Turkey rye, and the old Evan Williams at the full seven years of age.

Time always flies when you're having fun, and it was all too soon when Joe and Doug had to continue their journey back home. It was great to see Joe agian and a real joy to meet Doug for the first time. Thank you both for taking the time to go out of your way to visit me in my humble abode. I sincerley appreciate it.

Linn
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Return to Bourbon Expeditions