Al Young has been retired as Plant Manager

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Al Young has been retired as Plant Manager

Unread postby bourbonv » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:44 pm

I received an email from Al on Friday stating that Friday was his last day as Plant Manager at Four Roses. He will continue to work for Four Roses with Patty and Julie as a Brand Ambassador and with the Mellow Moments Club.

I know Jim and Al have both been concerned because of the Japanese rules for manditory retirement. It is good to see that Kirin recognizes the value of Al's experience and expertice and have kept him on the payrole in the Ambassador role. I am sure that he will be an excellent one at that.

I have mixed emotions about this change. I hate to see Four Roses without Al there coordinating the day to day operation of the plant. There is a lot of credit given to Master Distillers these days and I am sure htey deserve every bit of it, but behind every Master Distiller, there is usuallt a Plant Manager making sure the lights come on every night. Al was an excellent Plant Manager who helped Four Roses make great bourbon. I hope his successor is half as good at the job as Al but I suspect it will take many years of experience before he is as good as Al has been.

Good Luck Al in your new career as Brand Ambassador. I know you like the history and tradition of the industry and you will bring a very interesting angle to the Brand Ambassador role.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:03 pm

Al Young is a super guy and I'm sad that he will no longer have any hands on in the daily operation of the distillery. Four Roses is forever in his debt and I wish him well in his new endeavors.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:56 pm

ima never met Al, but wish him all the best.
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Unread postby mozilla » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Al was my tour guide at FR. He really knows his stuff and is a great character. I wish him all the best in his new role.
mozilla

Return to Bourbon Expeditions